Best way to report stolen/lost bicycle?

Old April 12th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Nicholson

Default Best way to report stolen/lost bicycle?

Hi,

A welcome known courier service has thus far managed to lose my
beloved Merlin Extralight which I was shipping internationally.

What is the best way to report this bicycle stolen? All Merlin's have
a serial number stamped on their frame and I have the original bill of
sale showing a breakdown of all it's components.

Old April 13th 07, 01:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Banned

On Apr 12, 7:00 am, "Robert Nicholson"
wrote:
Hi,

A welcome known courier service has thus far managed to lose my
beloved Merlin Extralight which I was shipping internationally.

What is the best way to report this bicycle stolen? All Merlin's have
a serial number stamped on their frame and I have the original bill of
sale showing a breakdown of all it's components.

Watch ebay..we have 2 customers have their bikes stolen here in the
republic, both have ended up on ebay...

Old April 18th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Nicholson

Turns out it turned up however not before hitting FedEx lost and found
in Memphis and my father tells me they couldn't even be bothered to
repack it probably and didn't even close the tricosports ironcase
properly and instead wrapped it with metal straps instead and left all
the other straps dangling.

I've yet to get an update on how much damage was done to the contents
and the packaging but this bicycle had made this transatlantic trip
several times in the past without any issue. What annoys me is that I
always go to great lengths to ensure that the frame is protected from
anything inside the case and if they have damaged the frame there's
probably not much recourse but even though this bicycle was bought in
1999 it was still effectively in like new condition.