Unicycle Mantras etc

Old August 27th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Default Unicycle Mantras etc

yea, I usally go with "just balance and concentrate, you got".

--
agentQ

*)--SmallSpin-'O,*
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 27th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Narniacat

agentQ wrote:
yea, I usally go with "just balance and concentrate, you got".

did you mean git?

--
Narniacat

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new b*cycle. Then I
realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked
Him to forgive me. ~Emo Philips

Give a man fire and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he is
warm for the rest of his life.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 27th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

ah I mean "got it"..... no wonder I havent been landing aything, ahaha

Old August 29th 07, 06:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
M.S. Patterson

I tend to repeat to myself:

"Even Kris Holm falls off."

Because i'm at the stage where i UPD more than ride. :-)
Old August 29th 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mattsmith

I don't really chant at myself so much anymore and I'm sure it effects
my performance. It helps me concentrate and stay focussed on the task.
It's always been "Push yourself. Try harder. Don't ****** well
dismount!"

Last Saturday I forgot to do my mantra when I was learning to do leg
twice-round mounts. Cutting a long story short, despite a few successes
I stopped concentrating and ended up smacking my knee joint into the
frame and couldn't walk for the rest of the morning. It wouldn't have
happened if I'd been chanting.

--
mattsmith
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 29th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Ducttape wrote:
which uni? my Learner was George Albert, my DX trials is The Napoleon
Complex, and my *Nimbus 36'er is nameless right now*.... as is my 24"
project unicycle

Call it Harry.

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT.

**Please vote. *'The Hazmat Poll'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458)'
Hazmats unicycle Design/Creation
competition'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho....php?t=62030)*
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 29th 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

mattsmith wrote:
I don't really chant at myself so much anymore and I'm sure it effects
my performance. It helps me concentrate and stay focussed on the task.
It's always been "Push yourself. Try harder. Don't ****** well
dismount!"

Last Saturday I forgot to do my mantra when I was learning to do leg
twice-round mounts. Cutting a long story short, despite a few successes
I stopped concentrating and ended up smacking my knee joint into the
frame and couldn't walk for the rest of the morning. It wouldn't have
happened if I'd been chanting.

Owie! I hate that.... it sucks so bad!! where it hits just right and
ends up hurting forever!

--
Ducttape

'-*BUY MY SHIRTS*-'
(http://www.zazzle.com/Ducttapesunicycle/products)
'*WATCH MY VIDEOS*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DucttapesUnicycle)

'*Uniman Comics*'
'*Original Thread for Uniman*'
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 30th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
M.S. Patterson

M.S. Patterson wrote:
I tend to repeat to myself:

"Even Kris Holm falls off."

Because i'm at the stage where i UPD more than ride. :-)

I now feel guilty for having that as a mantra.

Damn!
Old August 30th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Narniacat

Today I tried the mantra again but it was freaking me out too much
because i was focusing on the unicycle. So instead I do what I always
do when I freak out. I sing.

I started with: Some kind of wonderful
then went to : Fascinating rhythm
then: an Italian madrigal which did not work out well at all
next: straighten up and fly right which did go well
after: Anything goes from the musical anything goes. I really got into
my groove during the bit "the world has gone mad today" and I
completely wiped out at the end of the musical phrase. It was good
though so I sang that bit a couple more times
went on to: de-lovely from anything goes
then to: summer time which worked pretty well
ended with: some kind of wonderful

the great bit was that I couldn't focus on how scary the unicycle was
or how high up. I also kept pushing myself. I kept saying "just till
the end of the song" (I wasn't allowed to sing when I wasn't on the
uni) and it was great fun.

I was so psyched about my whole practice that when I got home I walked
smack into the glass sliding door.

Yay unicycles and music!