Who is going for free grub tomorrow ??

Old October 16th 07, 09:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_230_]

Default Who is going for free grub tomorrow ??

Anybody going to get in early for the free grub at Fed square tomorrow
??

I assume that the line if that is how is done could get pretty big ?
Does it start at any particular time ? I could not find times on the BV
website.

Edit: I found the times..... (duh)

--
MikeyOz

Old October 16th 07, 01:08 PM posted to aus.bicycle
roshea[_65_]

MikeyOz Wrote:
Anybody going to get in early for the free grub at Fed square tomorrow
??

I assume that the line if that is how is done could get pretty big ?
Does it start at any particular time ? I could not find times on the BV
website.

Edit: I found the times..... (duh)There are also plenty of 'other breakfasts'

(http://www.bv.com.au/join-in/40492/) around VIC (and probably the rest
of the country), so you don't need to limit yourself to just one!

--
roshea

Old October 17th 07, 12:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

MikeyOz wrote:
Anybody going to get in early for the free grub at Fed square tomorrow
??

I assume that the line if that is how is done could get pretty big ?
Does it start at any particular time ? I could not find times on the BV
website.

Edit: I found the times..... (duh)

I just came back from our workplace one (DVA Canberra), where I won
the "brightest lycra" award.

Now technically I don't wear lycra, or knicks for that matter (long-
sleeve fluorescent orange tradie t-shirt and stretch ruggers shorts),
but I'm not giving the prize back! ;-)

It's one of these:
http://www.cycleworks.com.au/catalog...94&cat_id=5960

BTH

Old October 17th 07, 12:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:27:59 -0700
BT Humble wrote:

Now technically I don't wear lycra, or knicks for that matter (long-
sleeve fluorescent orange tradie t-shirt and stretch ruggers shorts),
but I'm not giving the prize back! ;-)

There were 3 flouro green tradie shirts at the RtW brekkie this
morning in the time I was there, I was wearing one of them.

Cheap, comfortable, dry quickly, and the long sleeved ones are good
for night riding - arm signals are easy to see!

Optus apparently got the award for the biggest corporate turnout,
must have all arrived earlier than I did!

Someone came up to me and asked if I had a motor in "that thing" as
apparently he comes up behind me on my commute and can't ever catch
me. Shows how much I notice, never seen him!

Mind you, my joy in this was rather diluted as he steamed past me up
Melville St....

Zebee
- who got to use the "the bike's great at climbing but the motor
sucks" line a lot today.
Old October 17th 07, 01:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_475_]

roshea Wrote:
There are also plenty of 'other breakfasts'
(http://www.bv.com.au/join-in/40492/) around VIC (and probably the rest
of the country), so you don't need to limit yourself to just one!

Apparentely the Yarra RTW is the 2nd biggest in Victoria. (well that's
what I was told!).

Quick RR from Vic Gardens RTW brekkie, plenty of happy smiley cyclists,
chilled out vibes, more freebies than you could poke a track pump at and
our BUG stand went really well. How was Fred Square?

--
cfsmtb

Old October 17th 07, 02:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PiledHigher

On Oct 17, 10:19 am, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2yk...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
roshea Wrote:

There are also plenty of 'other breakfasts'
(http://www.bv.com.au/join-in/40492/) around VIC (and probably the rest
of the country), so you don't need to limit yourself to just one!

Apparentely the Yarra RTW is the 2nd biggest in Victoria. (well that's
what I was told!).

Quick RR from Vic Gardens RTW brekkie, plenty of happy smiley cyclists,
chilled out vibes, more freebies than you could poke a track pump at and
our BUG stand went really well. How was Fred Square?

--
cfsmtb

Got to fred square just before 8, giant queue so I bailed and headed
onto work, shocking headwind and flat legs, late start...

Should have gone to vic gardens...

Old October 17th 07, 03:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_232_]

I ended up going to the one out at Middle Park..... was great... came
through it at about 7.05, as people were heading in they pulled up and
filled up...

There were iced walnut scrolls, mini savoury tomato type things, mini
mars bars, apple/orange juice, weather was great and lots of smiling
faces, chatting away.

Wish it was like it every day

--
MikeyOz

Old October 17th 07, 03:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Shane Stanley

In article . com,
PiledHigher wrote:

How was Fred Square?

Jam packed.

--
Shane Stanley
Old October 17th 07, 03:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Harng Goh

On Oct 17, 12:18 pm, Shane Stanley
wrote:
In article . com,

PiledHigher wrote:
How was Fred Square?

Jam packed.

--
Shane Stanley

Not if you got there at 6:30.

Old October 17th 07, 04:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

BT Humble wrote:

I just came back from our workplace one (DVA Canberra), where I won
the "brightest lycra" award.

I can attest to BT's visibility from a distance. Congrats BT, the pump
looks well worth it.

There were 130 at ANU's R2W breaky this morning and plenty of others who
rolled through without stopping for pancakes. Great tail wind on the way
in this morning too. I didn't put the pedal down too hard but still
managed 28 mins at an average of 31.3. Now I'm praying for the wind to
change direction.

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying