Medical Certificate for Unicon 14

Old July 22nd 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
monoli

Default Medical Certificate for Unicon 14

Hi

My question is : Do you need a medical certificate for Unicon14 ?

And if yes i have one but it has been done in october 2007, so do you
think it is still okay ??

Thank you

--
monoli
Old July 22nd 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

no i'm sure you'll be fine without a medical certificate.

--
brendan
Old July 22nd 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
monoli

Yeah ok

I need to be sure at a 100%

--
monoli
Old July 22nd 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

They didn't asked for one in the registering! I talked with Connie a few
times about documents and she didn't asked for one...

Anyway, I'm carrying one... I'm going alone and in an emergnecy it can
help!

--
pedrotejada

*BUT*

Brazilian Unicycling Team
Old July 22nd 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

I don't even know what a medical certificate is.

Still though, it might be a good idea to get anyways if its not too
hard to get.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old July 22nd 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

ntappin wrote:
I don't even know what a medical certificate is.

Still though, it might be a good idea to get anyways if its not too
hard to get.

A medical certificate (at least here), is a document where your doctor
write some lines saying that you are able to do sports. You usually
need this document to make UCI ID's and this type of documents.

Here the document must be in a special paper (with the hospital or
clinic logo), and must be stamped with the doctor authorizathion to
work (here it's called c.r.c)...

--
pedrotejada

*BUT*

Brazilian Unicycling Team
Old July 22nd 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

never heard of such a thing, didn't have one last time, certainly won't
have one this time. Surely what physical activity you perform is your
business, not your doctor's?

--
kington99

Dave

Old July 22nd 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
XCcrev

Hmmmm sounds like one of the high school sports physicals they require
before you can try out for sports. they make everyone have one because
of liability issues if someone has a heart attack or something out of
the ordinary.

--
XCcrev

My Vid
'Youtube' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm0AXKU7bQ8)
'vimeo' (http://vimeo.com/825440)
Old July 22nd 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

XCcrev wrote:
Hmmmm sounds like one of the high school sports physicals they require
before you can try out for sports. they make everyone have one because
of liability issues if someone has a heart attack or something out of
the ordinary.

Exactly! Just to know if you is in perfect conditions, and will not
have some health problems during the event.

But UNICON will not ask for one

--
pedrotejada

*BUT*

Brazilian Unicycling Team
Old July 22nd 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

well since most people (including me) won't have one, you might be onto
a winner if you bring one ;-)

--
brendan