Virtual Cycling

Old September 25th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Cadseen

Default Virtual Cycling

Try virtual Cycling

http://virtualcycling.googlepages.com

Cadseen

Old September 26th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Cadseen" writes:

Try virtual Cycling

No, thanks.

Sometimes I dream about riding.

In my last riding dream that I remember, my
bike fell apart into its myriad little
parts & pieces as I was riding it. They
scattered all along the street, and I had
to scramble to pick them all up.

The worst part was: I was starting to wake up,
and I felt I had to keep the dream going in
order to get as much of my bike back together
as I could before I woke up entirely. I failed.
This dream ocurred as I was coming down with
a severe cold or 'flu or some such malaise
(of which I'm still enduring.)

Anyways, my real-life bikes are as robust as
they've ever been. No worries.

I've had quite enough of astral-projection
skateboarding, too. Gimme the real thing,
where I can stop when I wanna, and not suddenly
and surprisingly become airborne.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Old September 26th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian

"Cadseen" wrote in message
Try virtual Cycling

http://virtualcycling.googlepages.com

Cadseen

wow...who would have thought that *pretending* to ride a bicycle would
become more expensive than *actually* riding a bicycle?

Old September 27th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

wow...who would have thought that *pretending* to ride a
a bicycle would become more expensive than *actually* riding
bicycle?

=v= Anyone with a gym membership?

"Let's have a moment of silence for all those Americans who
are stuck in traffic on their way to the gym to ride the
stationary bicycle."
-- Rep. Earl Blumenauer

_Jym_

P.S.: I suspect that the original message was spam.

--
Green Bay Steelers for Truth

Old September 28th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

On Sep 27, 2:43*pm, Jym Dyer wrote:
wow...who would have thought that *pretending* to ride a
a bicycle would become more expensive than *actually* riding
bicycle?

=v= Anyone with a gym membership?

* * "Let's have a moment of silence for all those Americans who
* * are stuck in traffic on their way to the gym to ride the
* * stationary bicycle."
* * * * -- Rep. Earl Blumenauer

* * _Jym_

P.S.: *I suspect that the original message was spam.

--
Green Bay Steelers for Truth

An Alp de Huez virtual course would be helpful in training

Old September 28th 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Cadseen" writes:
They have (i have) that in HD

"Mike A Schwab" wrote in message
On Sep 27, 2:43 pm, Jym Dyer wrote:
wow...who would have thought that *pretending* to ride a
a bicycle would become more expensive than *actually* riding
bicycle?

=v= Anyone with a gym membership?

"Let's have a moment of silence for all those Americans who
are stuck in traffic on their way to the gym to ride the
stationary bicycle."
-- Rep. Earl Blumenauer

_Jym_

P.S.: I suspect that the original message was spam.

--
Green Bay Steelers for Truth

An Alp de Huez virtual course would be helpful in training

I don't believe there's any effective way to simulate riding
up a mountain. Because when on an incline on a bicycle,
balance in 3 dimensions comes so very much into play.
So does one's body weight. There's much more finesse to it
than Brute Force & Ignorance.

But a virtual track course could be fun. Especially if
the static bicycle was mounted on gimbals and could lean,
and centrifugal forces could somehow be simulated, and
some biofeedback was thrown into the deal.

But it's easier to just go to the velodrome.

Virtual Cycling TQvcjc UK 0 April 22nd 08 10:19 PM
Virtual riders...? RicodJour Racing 0 July 12th 07 09:13 PM
virtual resume MagillaGorilla Racing 11 January 15th 07 12:55 AM
Virtual Deaths jc Racing 1 June 22nd 05 07:50 AM
all time most virtual "win" gym gravity Racing 0 March 22nd 05 09:18 PM