bar tape

Old May 14th 04, 10:57 AM
davek

Default bar tape

Does anyone have any particular recommendations for makes/brand
of bar tape

thanks in advance

-

Old May 14th 04, 10:59 AM
Simonb

davek wrote:
Does anyone have any particular recommendations for makes/brands
of bar tape?

Silva - very good.

Old May 14th 04, 11:39 AM
Peter Clinch

davek wrote:
Does anyone have any particular recommendations for makes/brands
of bar tape?

Back in my drops days I used Cinelli cork tape, which not only works
well IME but is available in lots of different patterns and colours from
plain black to very unplain psycadelic.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital

Old May 14th 04, 01:41 PM
crystal_tears_

I insist on black leather bar tape. Looks classic and is extremel
durable. A mate of mine has 20 year old tape on all his bikes and it'
still going strong

-

Old May 14th 04, 01:43 PM
The Slapster

Cinelli does it for me.
Not only does it work well, but the vast range of colours/styles make it
aesthetically pleasing also....

"davek" wrote in message
Does anyone have any particular recommendations for makes/brands
of bar tape?

thanks in advance,

d.

Old May 14th 04, 03:19 PM
davek

The Slapster:
Cinelli does it for me.

Cheers all. Leather sounds like it might be a bit expensive so I'll
stick with the Cinelli or the Silva...

...except that I won't because I've just been for a stroll up to Bikefix
and they didn't have either in stock so I got some 3T tape instead,
which the chap in there recommended.

Saw some funny things on my way up there - a courier on a fixie, and
a chap in a suit on a hybrid who I could swear was Channel 4
newsreader Jon Snow.

d.

Old May 14th 04, 03:41 PM
Graham

"davek" wrote in message
Does anyone have any particular recommendations for makes/brands
of bar tape?

thanks in advance,

d.

Cinelli is very good but I've also found BBB and Profile to be good. ITM is
awful avoid it at all costs.

Graham

Old May 14th 04, 03:44 PM
Peter Clinch

davek wrote:

..except that I won't because I've just been for a stroll up to Bikefix
and they didn't have either in stock so I got some 3T tape instead,
which the chap in there recommended.

ICBW but it may be that Cinelli got rebranded to 3T, as that's what I
ended up getting a pal for a Chrimbo pres last year and it looked like
the Cinelli stuff, down to amazing colour scheme...

Pete.

Old May 14th 04, 04:26 PM
Pete Biggs

davek wrote:
Cheers all. Leather sounds like it might be a bit expensive so I'll
stick with the Cinelli or the Silva...

I'm happy enough with artificial leather tape from Dyason's. Bit thicker,
softer and longer lasting than some cork tape.

Saw some funny things on my way up there - a courier on a fixie

Quite a few of those about.

a chap in a suit on a hybrid who I could swear was Channel 4
newsreader Jon Snow.

Probably was! He does use a bike to get about in London and has done
tough multi-day charity ride(s).

~PB

Old May 14th 04, 05:01 PM
davek

Pete Biggs:
Quite a few of those about

Ah. I've never knowingly seen one before. I think *all* couriers shoul
ride fixies

Probably was! He does use a bike to get about in Londo

Yes, I know he's a keen cyclist, which is partly why I was so sur
it was him

-