16F - my new Pearl Isumi gloves FAIL BIGTIME

Old December 21st 04, 02:45 PM
dgk

Default 16F - my new Pearl Isumi gloves FAIL BIGTIME

My Pearl Isumi amFIB lobster gloves arrived yesterday. Seemed a bit
thin but I figured they must just be very well made. So, within one
mile of home today, my fingers were FREEZING. I stopped, loaded the
rechargable batteries into my electic gloves. and it was ok from
there. Until my toes started freezing about two miles from work (10
miles into the commute).

All in all, not too bad consideriing that another 10 degrees would
still be 6 below freezing. I am REALLY looking forward to spring.

I think the PI gloves are going back.
Old December 21st 04, 05:11 PM
gds

Kind of strange as my 10 year old pair are still quite thick and work
fine. Is it possible that you received a different model glove by
mistake?

Old December 21st 04, 06:36 PM
dgk

On 21 Dec 2004 09:11:00 -0800, "gds" wrote:

Kind of strange as my 10 year old pair are still quite thick and work
fine. Is it possible that you received a different model glove by
mistake?

I think I got the ones that I ordered but perhaps they weren't the
ones that I wanted:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/....cfm?SKU=15813

Very disappointed. I am now looking at the electric mittens:

http://twomorrowssupply.com/Merchant...egory_Code=ACC

Unfortunately they are out at the moment. I really like the electric
gloves but they just don't heat the fingers well enough for 16F. Nor
for 30F really. The palms stay warm but that isn't my main problem.
Nope, I want toasty fingers.
Old December 21st 04, 07:07 PM
Pat Lamb

dgk wrote:
On 21 Dec 2004 09:11:00 -0800, "gds" wrote:

Kind of strange as my 10 year old pair are still quite thick and work
fine. Is it possible that you received a different model glove by
mistake?

I think I got the ones that I ordered but perhaps they weren't the
ones that I wanted:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/....cfm?SKU=15813

Very disappointed. I am now looking at the electric mittens:

http://twomorrowssupply.com/Merchant...egory_Code=ACC

Unfortunately they are out at the moment. I really like the electric
gloves but they just don't heat the fingers well enough for 16F. Nor
for 30F really. The palms stay warm but that isn't my main problem.
Nope, I want toasty fingers.

Did you have a hat on?

Pat
Old December 21st 04, 07:09 PM
gds

It's hard to tell without seeing them but as I said mine are quite
thick and I have never had my hands go cold with them. My feet-even
with booties- go cold way before. I wonder if they were rejects or
something because they should be quite "plump" and work quite well. In
fact I can't use mine unless the temp is less than ~ 35 as they are
much too warm.

Old December 21st 04, 07:39 PM
dgk

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:07:54 -0600, Pat Lamb
wrote:

dgk wrote:
On 21 Dec 2004 09:11:00 -0800, "gds" wrote:

Kind of strange as my 10 year old pair are still quite thick and work
fine. Is it possible that you received a different model glove by
mistake?

I think I got the ones that I ordered but perhaps they weren't the
ones that I wanted:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/....cfm?SKU=15813

Very disappointed. I am now looking at the electric mittens:

http://twomorrowssupply.com/Merchant...egory_Code=ACC

Unfortunately they are out at the moment. I really like the electric
gloves but they just don't heat the fingers well enough for 16F. Nor
for 30F really. The palms stay warm but that isn't my main problem.
Nope, I want toasty fingers.

Did you have a hat on?

Pat

I had a Cold Lizard bacalava plus a neoprene ski mask. All held in
place by the helmet. I know, heat lost through the head is felt in the
fingers. My head wasn't cold at all though.
Old December 21st 04, 07:42 PM
dgk

On 21 Dec 2004 11:09:10 -0800, "gds" wrote:

It's hard to tell without seeing them but as I said mine are quite
thick and I have never had my hands go cold with them. My feet-even
with booties- go cold way before. I wonder if they were rejects or
something because they should be quite "plump" and work quite well. In
fact I can't use mine unless the temp is less than ~ 35 as they are
much too warm.

It is hard to tell. These:

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=

are $20 more than the ones that I bought from Performance. I doubt
that they are the same. Mine have 04 as part of the name. What does
that mean? Who knows.
Old December 21st 04, 08:11 PM
Roger Zoul

"dgk" wrote in message
On 21 Dec 2004 11:09:10 -0800, "gds" wrote:

It's hard to tell without seeing them but as I said mine are quite
thick and I have never had my hands go cold with them. My feet-even
with booties- go cold way before. I wonder if they were rejects or
something because they should be quite "plump" and work quite well. In
fact I can't use mine unless the temp is less than ~ 35 as they are
much too warm.

It is hard to tell. These:

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=

are $20 more than the ones that I bought from Performance. I doubt
that they are the same. Mine have 04 as part of the name. What does
that mean? Who knows.

I'd bet money they are the same.

Old December 21st 04, 08:27 PM
dgk

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:11:23 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
On 21 Dec 2004 11:09:10 -0800, "gds" wrote:

It's hard to tell without seeing them but as I said mine are quite
thick and I have never had my hands go cold with them. My feet-even
with booties- go cold way before. I wonder if they were rejects or
something because they should be quite "plump" and work quite well. In
fact I can't use mine unless the temp is less than ~ 35 as they are
much too warm.

It is hard to tell. These:

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=

are $20 more than the ones that I bought from Performance. I doubt
that they are the same. Mine have 04 as part of the name. What does
that mean? Who knows.

I'd bet money they are the same.

Then they make them a lot thinner now. Well, they're back in the box
and I emailed Performance about my lack of enthusiasm for the product.
Old December 21st 04, 08:36 PM
Roger Zoul

"dgk" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:11:23 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
On 21 Dec 2004 11:09:10 -0800, "gds" wrote:

It's hard to tell without seeing them but as I said mine are quite
thick and I have never had my hands go cold with them. My feet-even
with booties- go cold way before. I wonder if they were rejects or
something because they should be quite "plump" and work quite well. In
fact I can't use mine unless the temp is less than ~ 35 as they are
much too warm.

It is hard to tell. These:

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...5&brand=&s ku

=12405&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

are $20 more than the ones that I bought from Performance. I doubt
that they are the same. Mine have 04 as part of the name. What does
that mean? Who knows.

I'd bet money they are the same.

Then they make them a lot thinner now. Well, they're back in the box
and I emailed Performance about my lack of enthusiasm for the product.

You might just be more sensitive to the cold than the other poster or
perhaps yours were defective somehow.