Medibank Private Ad

Old March 29th 06, 12:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Medibank Private Ad

OK, if you've been watching the Commie Games, you'd have seen the ad for
Medibank Private with a blonde chick stating:

"I'm a professional cyclist and I have lots of crashes..."

Anyone know who this is? It's been bugging me.....

--
Shabby

Old March 29th 06, 12:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Shabby Wrote:
OK, if you've been watching the Commie Games, you'd have seen the ad for
Medibank Private with a blonde chick stating:

"I'm a professional cyclist and I have lots of crashes..."

Anyone know who this is? It's been bugging me.....

Thanks Shabby. It's now a running joke in my household ie "WHO IS THAT
PRO CYCLIST??!!"

so.. who IS she???

--
warrwych

Old March 29th 06, 01:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-03-28, Shabby (aka Bruce)

OK, if you've been watching the Commie Games, you'd have seen the ad for
Medibank Private with a blonde chick stating:

"I'm a professional cyclist and I have lots of crashes..."

gplThat's not very pro/gpl

--
TimC
When the revolution comes, we'll need a longer wall. -- Tom De Mulder
Old March 29th 06, 01:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-03-28, Shabby (aka Bruce)

OK, if you've been watching the Commie Games, you'd have seen the ad

for
Medibank Private with a blonde chick stating:

"I'm a professional cyclist and I have lots of crashes..."

gplThat's not very pro/gpl

--
TimC
When the revolution comes, we'll need a longer wall. -- Tom De
Mulder

it's women's racing Tim ducks for cover

--
warrwych

Old March 29th 06, 01:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Shabby Wrote:
OK, if you've been watching the Commie Games, you'd have seen the ad for
Medibank Private with a blonde chick stating:

"I'm a professional cyclist and I have lots of crashes..."

Anyone know who this is? It's been bugging me.....

aw bugger. kept meaning to ask that...

presumably the Ad was made in Sydely.

and IF she is a pro-cyclist WTF was she doin wanderin around zombified
in the local mall??? shouldnt she be lieing down, eating things handed
to her without question, being filmed for yet another
behind-the-scenes-docco,

OR SHE'S AN ACTRESS!

I'm betting the latter. having bought talent for
photoshoots/commercials previously i can attest to what a major feckin
pain in the arse permissions, copyrights, royalties, associated
associations etc are and it's usually far easier/cheaper/faster to just
hire 'talent' than someone 'talented'

speaking of which, anyone wanna buy my business? I've had enough of
playing boss/employer. it sucks
I'll throw in a (broken) CF Bianchi frame

--
flyingdutch

Old March 29th 06, 01:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-03-28, Shabby (aka Bruce)

OK, if you've been watching the Commie Games, you'd have seen the ad for
Medibank Private with a blonde chick stating:

"I'm a professional cyclist and I have lots of crashes..."

gplThat's not very pro/gpl

--
TimC
When the revolution comes, we'll need a longer wall. -- Tom De Mulder

Yeah, if that's the criteria TimC could be professional!

Old March 29th 06, 02:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-03-28, Shabby (aka Bruce)

OK, if you've been watching the Commie Games, you'd have seen the

ad for
Medibank Private with a blonde chick stating:

"I'm a professional cyclist and I have lots of crashes..."

gplThat's not very pro/gpl

--
TimC
When the revolution comes, we'll need a longer wall. -- Tom De Mulder

Yeah, if that's the criteria TimC could be professional!

If he gets paid to ride, doesn't that mean he is professional already?
I'm waiting for him to show up on a BR with a brand new pro
machine/soloist/c50/etcetc that he wrote off on his tax as a "training
bike"

Ash

--
a5hi5m

Old March 29th 06, 02:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle

flyingdutch Wrote:
presumably the Ad was made in Sydely.

Why? Medibank head office is Melbourne.

Thing that bugs me is that falling off a bike and the accident prone
kid are more likely to be serviced through medicare. What has medibank
private got to do with that?

Just got a letter from medibank saying premium going up again, as
benefits drop further. That ads the last straw. Stuff 'em, I'm
changing.

--
sinus

Old March 29th 06, 02:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle

sinus Wrote:
Why? Medibank head office is Melbourne.

Thing that bugs me is that falling off a bike and the accident prone
kid are more likely to be serviced through medicare. What has medibank
private got to do with that?

Just got a letter from medibank saying premium going up again, as
benefits drop further. That ads the last straw. Stuff 'em, I'm
changing.

Once you have changed you can sing "I feel better now"

--
warrwych

Old March 29th 06, 02:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle

sinus wrote:
Just got a letter from medibank saying premium going up again, as
benefits drop further. That ads the last straw. Stuff 'em, I'm
changing.

Hah, good luck. I changed for that reason and let's just say they're not
exactly helpful when it comes to leaving (further justifyign the
decision to do it).

daveB

Offer to JimmyMac! Johnny Sunset Recumbent Biking 11 December 22nd 05 10:29 PM
Medicare Private MTB Theo Bekkers Australia 7 November 4th 05 10:22 PM
Todays ride (which GPS?) ... elyob UK 26 August 1st 05 02:02 PM
public or private? IanB UK 7 April 15th 04 12:47 PM
Private members bill on cycle helmet compulsion. Mike Sales UK 24 December 23rd 03 08:29 PM