Fun fun fun

Old April 26th 04, 10:51 AM
Simonb

Default Fun fun fun

As long as it showed me gears, I was happy - speed, cadence, distance
etc, though nice to know, aren't essentials to enable me to ride without
coming a cropper through mis-selecting the wrong gear, or attempting to
select one that doesn't actually exist ;-)

I think you might be relying on it just a bit too much here!

Old April 26th 04, 11:00 AM
davek

Anyone else managed to take advantage of the lovely weather

Didn't manage to get out on saturday but went out for a run with th
local club yesterday morning - 45 somewhat undulating miles through th
east Kent countryside at a moderate-to-brisk pace. One of the group ha
a camera and has put the pics up on the club website - you can see m
here (blue jersey, second place)
http://www.canterburycycleclub.net/s...25apr04_012.jp

You can find the pic of me fixing a puncture yourselves (this was how
discovered that I had no rim tape on my rear wheel - can't think ho
that happened, but it was particularly embarrassing to make th
discovery while on a club run)

-

Old April 26th 04, 11:00 AM
Velvet

Simonb wrote:

As long as it showed me gears, I was happy - speed, cadence, distance
etc, though nice to know, aren't essentials to enable me to ride without
coming a cropper through mis-selecting the wrong gear, or attempting to
select one that doesn't actually exist ;-)

I think you might be relying on it just a bit too much here!

you've not seen me on a bike, have you :-)

My previous bike many many *many* years ago was a 3 speed SA hub :-)
This is a whole different kettle of fish, and doesn't take much to send
me into a bit of a tizz :-) There's a lot of things different about
this bike than what I've had before, so it's almost been like learning
to ride all over again (and I'm not quite there yet).

Velvet
Old April 26th 04, 11:10 AM
Simonb

You can find the pic of me fixing a puncture yourselves (this was how I
discovered that I had no rim tape on my rear wheel - can't think how
that happened, but it was particularly embarrassing to make the
discovery while on a club run).

Some photos there of your club riding in February slush *without* mudguards!
Yuk! :-(

Old April 26th 04, 01:47 PM
Jon Senior

In article , dkahn400
@yahoo.co.uk says...
A Pringled wheel at that speed could spoil your entire day. :-(

If it just spoilt my day I'd be happy. I don't imagine that flying over
the handlebars at 40mph would be a Good Thing. Perhaps I should buy a
cycle helmet... ;-)

Jon
Old April 26th 04, 01:58 PM
Peter Clinch

Jon Senior wrote:

If it just spoilt my day I'd be happy. I don't imagine that flying over
the handlebars at 40mph would be a Good Thing. Perhaps I should buy a
cycle helmet... ;-)

No, buy the sort of bike[1] where you're much less likely to fly over
the handlebars... ;-)

Pete.

[1] begins with the letter 'R'
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital

Old April 26th 04, 02:29 PM
davek

The aged p'

A Woosterism if ever I saw one

-

Old April 26th 04, 02:29 PM
davek

Some photos there of your club riding in February slush *without* mudguards! Yuk! :-(

They say they're not a competitive bunch, but some of them are close
roadies with the kind of seriously lightweight bikes that are built wit
only one purpose in mind..

Mind you, the one I envy most is Fred's utterly *gorgeous* Mercian

-

Old April 26th 04, 02:29 PM
davek

No, buy the sort of bike[1] where you're much less likely to fly ove
the handlebars... ;-

The sort of bike where you're already over the handlebars to start with

How do they handle going downhill at speed? Pretty good, I'd imagine

-