Vehicle assault

Old April 13th 05, 06:33 PM
Alfred Ryder

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote

Yep, that's what I always do when a car does something bad. Jump onto the
hood as it speeds away, dragging my feet on the ground in an attempt to

stop
it. That's why Sidi shoes have replaceable heel pads.

Even if her version were correct, which seem very unlikely, isn't it some
sort of actionable crime to drive down the road with someone on the hood of
your car? Something like an attack with a deadly weapon with intent to harm.

Old April 13th 05, 07:45 PM
Tom Nakashima

wrote in message
http://www.almanacnews.com/morgue/20..._13.rage.shtml

This will be an interesting case.

I'm glad Mr. Arp had only minor injuries, sounds like it could have been a
lot worst.
Would love to see the follow up on this case.
-tom

Old April 13th 05, 08:21 PM

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote in part:

Yep, that's what I always do when a car does something bad. Jump onto

the
hood as it speeds away, dragging my feet on the ground in an attempt

to stop
it. That's why Sidi shoes have replaceable heel pads.

Sounds like he may have been trying for a TJ Hooker hood ride.

Old April 13th 05, 09:14 PM
Veloise

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

Yep, that's what I always do when a car does something bad. Jump onto

the
hood as it speeds away, dragging my feet on the ground in an attempt

to stop
it. That's why Sidi shoes have replaceable heel pads.

And everyone goes through a car wash on the way to work, to remove
the alleged fingerprints/scratches from cleats/lycra shreds stuck in
the wipers.

What a twit. I know plenty of 50-something dames who aren't airheads
or criminally defensive. Hope they string her up.

--Karen M.

Old April 13th 05, 09:22 PM
Pat Lamb

jhas wrote:
Report it. The driver may get a talking-to from his boss. In any
event, you'll feel better, right?

I had a semi-close call a Verizon telephone truck that ran a red light
as I was pulling out into the intersection. I tried to see the truck's
number but he sped away . . . to Dunkin' Donuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I
detect a pattern here?

Better yet, write the company a letter. If ever this driver causes an
accident, there's a paper trail waiting for a lawyer. The paper trail,
in itself, isn't important; it's the fact that the driver's supervisor,
and the company's lawyer, know it's there. That's what will make a
difference when the driver hears from his boss.

Pat
Old April 13th 05, 09:23 PM
jj

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:33:50 GMT, "Alfred Ryder" wrote:

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote

Yep, that's what I always do when a car does something bad. Jump onto the
hood as it speeds away, dragging my feet on the ground in an attempt to

stop
it. That's why Sidi shoes have replaceable heel pads.

Even if her version were correct, which seem very unlikely, isn't it some
sort of actionable crime to drive down the road with someone on the hood of
your car? Something like an attack with a deadly weapon with intent to harm.

I can hear Judge Judy yelling at her now:

"Oh, Come now, Mrs Mahgilla, that didn't give you the RIGHTto DRAG him DOWN
THE ROAD for 75 _FEET_, softly now did it?"

jj

Old April 13th 05, 09:44 PM

Yep, that's what I always do when a car does something bad.
Jump onto the hood as it speeds away, dragging my feet on
the ground in an attempt to stop it.

=v= Hey, it works for Fred Flintstone. Not so well for T.J. Hooker,
though ...
_Jym_

Old April 13th 05, 09:46 PM
Werehatrack

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:21:19 GMT,
wrote:

http://www.almanacnews.com/morgue/20..._13.rage.shtml

This will be an interesting case.

Indeed. There's nothing about it in the feeds around here, so please
keep us posted if you can.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old April 13th 05, 10:16 PM
LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m

http://www.almanacnews.com/morgue/20..._13.rage.shtml

By [the driver's] account, Mr. Arp [36] leapt on to the hood
of her car before she turned left on to Portola Road

Admirable acrobatics for a 36-year-old in cycling shoes.

I wonder? Tony Raven UK 1 April 17th 05 09:39 PM
Road Rage Incident - Did I do the right thing? GaryG General 262 March 21st 05 10:41 PM
ELECTRIC VEHICLE COMPANY, ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP TEAM UP FOR EMISSSION FREE TRANSPORTATION evnrgman Techniques 0 January 22nd 05 04:11 PM
London Taxi Attempted Assault Jon Senior UK 114 July 20th 04 10:09 AM
Vehicle Miles per Year USA for Bicycles Bob Smith Social Issues 3 December 24th 03 06:59 PM