riding after vasectomy

Old April 14th 05, 11:44 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

It is not a question of parents thinking so in most cases. I was told
that I would NEVER need my pulled, then six months later woke up and
could not open my jaw because the teeth were impacted into the jaw bone
and prevented normal jaw function. It is usually clear in a full mouth
x-ray if the teeth will become an issue soon; if there is not room for
them without impacting the jaw or pushing other teeth to the side, then
they need to be pulled.

Ever since I was 15 I've had the dentist(s) telling me I had to get my
wisdom teeth removed, right then, or else it would be hell later. But I was
always suspicious of adults telling me stuff like that; I remembered in
school how they'd constantly be telling you that you had to do this or that
better because you weren't going to get away with it when you got to jr
high/high school/college. And seemed like things never did catch up to me.
So I figured the dentists were simply of a mindset that said wisdom teeth
had to go, whether they really did or not (kind of like how they used to
think everyone needed their tonsils removed).

So now I'm 49, have all 4 "wizzies", and every once in a while get some
soreness from a couple of them where they never really have broken the
surface. And one of the two that have is at quite an angle but hey, how many
people can chew with the side of their mouth? In retrospect, I should have
had them removed, as it would have reduced a lot of crowding.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

wrote in message
oups.com...

It is not a question of parents thinking so in most cases. I was told
that I would NEVER need my pulled, then six months later woke up and
could not open my jaw because the teeth were impacted into the jaw bone
and prevented normal jaw function. It is usually clear in a full mouth
x-ray if the teeth will become an issue soon; if there is not room for
them without impacting the jaw or pushing other teeth to the side, then
they need to be pulled.

BTW, I am not sure that kissing a girl trumps playing a full 60 minutes
of full contact basketball.

- rick

Old April 15th 05, 01:10 AM
GG

Thanks to all for the replies. Judging from others' responses I have
nothing to worry about.

And yes, I'm ignoring the doofus who seems to think a vasectomy is somehow a
threat to his (probably miniscule) manhood. I've now got plenty of kids who
I dearly love and have absolutely no interest in having any more.

I can't blame him for being misinformed. Heck, if the uninformed read most
posts in this thread he'd think a vasectomy is something that happens to
your teeth.

GG

Old April 15th 05, 01:13 AM
Pat

: A "man" who deliberately wants to shoot blanks is the same as a eunuch

So, what happened to you that skewed your thinking like this? This isn't a
normal way of thinking.You sound kinda scared.

:

Old April 15th 05, 01:17 AM
Pat

:
: So now I'm 49, have all 4 "wizzies", and every once in a while get some
: soreness from a couple of them where they never really have broken the
: surface. And one of the two that have is at quite an angle but hey, how
many
: people can chew with the side of their mouth? In retrospect, I should have
: had them removed, as it would have reduced a lot of crowding.
:
: --Mike Jacoubowsky

I was like you, although I had only 1 wisdom tooth (maybe I'm more
evolved....). Anyway, this dentist would say "Pull it!" and that one would
say, "It's not doing any harm; leave it alone." When I turned 45, it
decided to touch the tooth next to it (because it was at an angle, just like
yours) and then decay built up where the two teeth were touching. I had to
have it pulled AND got to have some intricate tooth work to save the next
tooth that it jammed up. So, don't count your blessings just yet.

Pat in TX

Old April 15th 05, 01:40 AM

I will not be so forgiving. If you search the archives, you will see
that this subject was discussed in this group a mere 3-3.5 months back
.... and he made the same idiotic comments back then that lots of folks
corrected at that time. First time we can forgive, but since he either
cannot read, or decided to ignore the correction, we will have to lay
some blame on the dude.

- rick

Old April 15th 05, 02:03 AM
bbaka

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
[...]

wrote in message
oups.com...

It is not a question of parents thinking so in most cases. I was told
that I would NEVER need my pulled, then six months later woke up and
could not open my jaw because the teeth were impacted into the jaw bone
and prevented normal jaw function. It is usually clear in a full mouth
x-ray if the teeth will become an issue soon; if there is not room for
them without impacting the jaw or pushing other teeth to the side, then
they need to be pulled.

BTW, I am not sure that kissing a girl trumps playing a full 60 minutes
of full contact basketball.

- rick

Kind of makes you wonder how people got along before modern dentistry
and routine tonsillectomies (6 years old for me). Why not just do it all
at once and go for the appendix while you're out? Good old modern medecine.
Bill Baka
Old April 15th 05, 02:40 AM
Rich

bbaka wrote:

I have you beat ...

Who would have guessed.

Rich
Old April 15th 05, 03:20 AM
bbaka

Rich wrote:
bbaka wrote:

I have you beat ...

Who would have guessed.

Rich

I never had a vasectomy but a friend did and couldn't ride his
motorcycle for a week. Nobody cuts me down there!!!!
Bill Baka
Old April 15th 05, 04:40 AM
Mike Latondresse

Rich wrote in news:115u6rt27udee48
@corp.supernews.com:

bbaka wrote:

I have you beat ...

Who would have guessed.

Rich

Hey that's my line.

Riding with North joe Unicycling 0 January 30th 05 02:51 PM
Can Riding a Recumbent Cause a Hernia? Dom Recumbent Biking 4 November 30th 04 05:58 AM
riding the whole Hudson River Ken Roberts Rides 33 October 25th 04 08:48 PM
MUni riding – Eastern Kentucky - weekend of April 23-25 billham Unicycling 5 January 26th 04 03:45 AM
Lights for Road Riding Ken Huizenga Techniques 278 January 22nd 04 02:04 PM