Kalamazoo = first call came about driver a half hour before deadlycrash that killed 5

Old June 14th 16, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Kalamazoo = first call came about driver a half hour before deadlycrash that killed 5

"Prosecutor says first call came about driver a half hour before deadly crash that killed 5

Police had been warned about an erratic driver behind the wheel of a pickup truck a half-hour before it plowed into a group of bicyclists in Kalamazoo, killing at least five of them, MLive reported.

Three 911 calls about the driver of a blue pickup truck were made to three police jurisdictions in Kalamazoo County beginning about 28 minutes before the horrific crash on North Westnedge Avenue in Cooper Township, north of the city of
Kalamazoo, according to the news organization.

Kalamazoo County Prosecutor Jeff Getting said the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety received a call at 6:08 p.m., the Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office received a call at 6:13 p.m., and the Kalamazoo Township Police Department received a call at 6:21 p.m. At 6:36 p.m., the first call came in about the group of bicyclists getting hit.

The crash did not happen during a police pursuit, Getting told MLive. Police were actively pursuing the truck but were not at the scene when the crash happened, he said."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ists/85590838/

"Kalamazoo Bicyclist Killer Charlie Pickett Was Full of Rage Online

Pickett often showed off an angry side on Facebook. "I'm not an asshole. I'm actually one of the nicest people you will ever meet," read one meme he posted. "I may look calm, but in my head I've punched you in the face 5 times," read another.

Pickett fled the scene of the crash on Tuesday, according to police, but was quickly apprehended.

“I seen a Dodge Ram fly past me coming past my house and I seen a blue truck spin around and land in someone's yard,” eyewitness Markus Eberhard told local station WWMT. “They caught him from running and I hope all the others ones live.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...alamazoo..html

Mary and Bill Leveque told West Michigan TV station WMMT they called 911 minutes before the tragedy after the truck clipped a tree and then careened over their rock garden, coming within feet of their house before taking off down Westnedge. That was one of at least three 911 calls made about the pickup, with the first call coming in at 6:08 p.m., about 28 minutes before the cyclists were hit.

A Facebook page for "Charlie E. Pickett" shows numerous sexually provocative memes and a profile picture with a skull and revolvers that reads, "Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you at 100 proof."

The most recent post, dated May 30: "****ed because people only care about their bull----. and of course when s--- gets tough the(y) feed ya to the wolves."

Kalamazoo WWMT reports a news crew that visited Pickett's home in Battle Creek was chased away:

"Newschannel 3 went to Pickett's home on Wednesday for comment, but the family threatened to chase us off the property with a front-end loader, and followed us in a car before a brief verbal exchange took place," according to the station's website.

The cyclists were members of a group, dubbed the Chain Gang, that made regular rides every Tuesday evening. The cyclists were riding up a hill on a two-lane road in Cooper Township, north of Kalamazoo, just after 6:30 p.m. Tuesday when a a blue Chevrolet pickup plowed into the group from behind, killing five of them and injuring four, according to authorities

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ment/85645050/

Cheers
Old June 14th 16, 11:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Looks like the 'wasp defense' with police pursuit n cyclist's vehicular irresponsibility, impeding, inadequate lighting n visual identification.

Noting, 'THE CHAIN GANG' was pedaling 'up a hill' suggests impedalment.
Old June 14th 16, 01:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...kalamazoo.html

[...]

Interesting comment '100 proof' which is 50% water. He
couldn't vote in Frank's Kingdom.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 14th 16, 05:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 6/14/2016 8:37 AM, AMuzi wrote:

Interesting comment '100 proof' which is 50% water. He couldn't vote in
Frank's Kingdom.

Right!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old June 15th 16, 01:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/15/2016 1:43 AM, Phil W Lee wrote:
Frank Krygowski considered Tue, 14 Jun 2016
12:09:19 -0400 the perfect time to write:

On 6/14/2016 8:37 AM, AMuzi wrote:

Interesting comment '100 proof' which is 50% water. He couldn't vote in
Frank's Kingdom.

Right!

Err, actually, 175 proof is pure.
100 proof is the concentration of alcohol which will ignite when mixed
with gunpowder (the very early way for excise officers to test it).

Since I appear to be the only voter, I guess I'm elected

Is it different in UK? For USA it's :

8 a : the minimum alcoholic strength of proof spirit b :
strength with reference to the standard for proof spirit;
specifically : alcoholic strength indicated by a number
that is twice the percent by volume of alcohol present
whiskey of 90 proof is 45 percent alcohol

Old June 15th 16, 01:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 15/06/2016 8:26 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/15/2016 1:43 AM, Phil W Lee wrote:
Frank Krygowski considered Tue, 14 Jun 2016
12:09:19 -0400 the perfect time to write:

On 6/14/2016 8:37 AM, AMuzi wrote:

Interesting comment '100 proof' which is 50% water. He couldn't vote in
Frank's Kingdom.

Right!

Err, actually, 175 proof is pure.
100 proof is the concentration of alcohol which will ignite when mixed
with gunpowder (the very early way for excise officers to test it).

Since I appear to be the only voter, I guess I'm elected

Is it different in UK? For USA it's :

8 a : the minimum alcoholic strength of proof spirit b : strength with
reference to the standard for proof spirit; specifically : alcoholic
strength indicated by a number that is twice the percent by volume of
alcohol present whiskey of 90 proof is 45 percent alcohol

And you can get Everclear which is 190 proof alcohol. I think that's
the closest to pure available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)
Old June 15th 16, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/15/2016 7:28 AM, Duane wrote:
[...]

Right highest possible purity for human consumption because
the remainder is water. Lab pure ethanol is made in a
different process at 99% purity the remainder is benzene so
you can't (or should not anyway) drink it.