little rant

Old November 18th 03, 07:24 PM
Ian Smith

Default little rant

Pillock of teh week award to teh driver of the red estate car number
plate F460 VMS. As he came up behind me he started sounding his horn,
and he left it on solidly as he sat behind, went past, and got some
way down the road. Not discrete tooting, just put his hand on teh
button and left it tehre in a continuous blare.

Offensive git of the decade award to whatever imbecilic moron came up
with teh junk spam in my mailbox this morning advertising personal
breathalysers under the headline "don't be a victim of drunk driving".
I vote we hit him/her with a couple of tons of steel at 110 mph and
then ask them if they still consider the driver to be the victim of
the incident. I thought spammers were pretty low, but this is really
scraping the barrel evcen by spammers standards. "Don't be a murder
victim - avoid killing people"?

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old November 18th 03, 08:54 PM
Adrian Boliston

"Ian Smith" wrote in message

Pillock of teh week award to teh driver of the red estate car number
plate F460 VMS. As he came up behind me he started sounding his horn,
and he left it on solidly as he sat behind, went past, and got some
way down the road. Not discrete tooting, just put his hand on teh
button and left it tehre in a continuous blare.

Probably just traded in his old banger for a new one, and was trying to
operate the windscreen wash but the wash/horn were on the other stalk.

Old November 18th 03, 09:58 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Pillock of teh week award to teh driver of the red estate car number
plate F460 VMS.

I find that on my cycle ride into town & back, there's "the regulars" who pass
by me too close. So far, I've got a partial registration number of a brown
Sierra and there's a cement mixer with an obscured rear number plate that does
the same. In addition, the drivers of the X94 (First) bus service seem to think
that driving a huge bus six inches from the side of my shoulder is acceptable.

On the plus side, I find the drivers of HGVs belonging to the firm Jack
Richards & Sons at Fakenham are true knights of the road - they *always* treat
me with courtesy. Plus the little local Konect buses that do the lanes round my
bit of Norfolk are usually very courteous.

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old November 18th 03, 10:38 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On the plus side, I find the drivers of HGVs belonging to the firm Jack
Richards & Sons at Fakenham are true knights of the road - they always
treat me with courtesy. Plus the little local Konect buses that do the
lanes round my bit of Norfolk are usually very courteous.

Suggestion: Christmas is coming, why not send a suitable sum to the
transport manager with instructions to let the boys know how much you
appreciate their exemplary driving and what a pleasure it is to share the
road with them.

--
Guy
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old November 18th 03, 10:42 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Suggestion: Christmas is coming, why not send a suitable sum to the
transport manager with instructions to let the boys know how much you
appreciate their exemplary driving and what a pleasure it is to share the
road with them.

I've already written a Nice Letter [TM] to said company and I am reliably
informed by one of the drivers that it is on the drivers' noticeboard, where
apparently, it made their day :-)

Old November 19th 03, 06:59 AM
Tony W

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
Suggestion: Christmas is coming, why not send a suitable sum to the
transport manager with instructions to let the boys know how much you
appreciate their exemplary driving and what a pleasure it is to share the
road with them.

I've already written a Nice Letter [TM] to said company and I am reliably
informed by one of the drivers that it is on the drivers' noticeboard,

where
apparently, it made their day :-)

Much more effective!!

Old November 19th 03, 09:02 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Much more effective!!

I honestly believe a bit of "sugar" is more effective than too much "bitter",
in that if I've cause to complain, I will, but I do think that means that where
I've been shown courtesy, a pleasant "thank you, I appreciate it" can go a long
way to at least helping the good stuff is done again.

Old November 19th 03, 06:16 PM
Zog The Undeniable

I find that on my cycle ride into town & back, there's "the regulars" who pass
by me too close. So far, I've got a partial registration number of a brown
Sierra and there's a cement mixer with an obscured rear number plate that does
the same. In addition, the drivers of the X94 (First) bus service seem to think
that driving a huge bus six inches from the side of my shoulder is acceptable.

The buses round here can be pretty bad. At £5.70 an hour (they're
ALWAYS recruiting) they're not going to get trained Rolls-Royce
chauffeurs though.