Why are revlimiters uneven?

Old May 6th 21, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.diy,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey[_2_]

Default Why are revlimiters uneven?

On Thu, 06 May 2021 04:47:19 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/05/2021 05:18 PM, TMS320 wrote:
On 05/05/2021 19:35, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 04 May 2021 03:01:29 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Is it to warn you? Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.

But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power
curve. I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never
go too fast. The driver would still feel the lack of power.

Engines that run stochiometric have to be all or nothing. Diesel are
smoothly limited. It ought to be possible to smooth limit stratified
petrol but I don't know from experience because mine just shifts up and
keeps going.

My car is an automatic so that is what it does. I never tried putting it
in first or second to see what it does when it hits the limiter.

In my Golf, the selection was only advice from me to the car. If I said "1st" and that was a stupid idea, it would use 2nd. Fun to select 1st when going at highway speed. It dropped the gears precisely when sensible to do so and stopped very quickly.

Two of my bikes have carburetors so manipulating injectors isn't an
option. I haven't hit the limiter on the other bike and just shift at
10000.

--
Sent from my iPhone, this spam courtesy of Apple incorporated.
Old May 6th 21, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey[_2_]

On Wed, 05 May 2021 21:34:31 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 04 May 2021 03:01:29 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Is it to warn you? Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.

But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too fast.

Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.

You're getting **** all performance if you've gone over the power curve anyway.

The driver would still feel the lack of power.

Makes more sense to have a rev limiter and much easier to do too.

And you ****ed up uk.d-i-y in the newsgroup list, you have uk.diy

No, the guy that made the group ****ed it up. How did you notice?

--
Sent from my iPhone, this spam courtesy of Apple incorporated.
Old May 6th 21, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey[_2_]

On Thu, 06 May 2021 08:25:16 +0100, jon wrote:

On Thu, 06 May 2021 06:34:31 +1000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 04 May 2021 03:01:29 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Is it to warn you? Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.

But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too
fast.

Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.

The driver would still feel the lack of power.

Makes more sense to have a rev limiter and much easier to do too.

And you ****ed up uk.d-i-y in the newsgroup list, you have uk.diy

Had a rev limiter on my RS1600 with electronic ignition in 1975, it worked
well at 6700 rpm.

I did not have a rev limiter on my Renault Espace built in 1993. I broke the engine badly. I thought they all had them by then!

--
Sent from my iPhone, this spam courtesy of Apple incorporated.
Old May 6th 21, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

On Thu, 06 May 2021 00:18:29 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 05/05/2021 19:35, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 04 May 2021 03:01:29 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Is it to warn you? Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.

But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too
fast. The driver would still feel the lack of power.

Engines that run stochiometric have to be all or nothing. Diesel are
smoothly limited. It ought to be possible to smooth limit stratified
petrol but I don't know from experience because mine just shifts up and
keeps going.

It must be possible, all it has to do is what you would do if you wanted
to hold it there - adjust how far you press the accelerator. I guess that
gets more expensive as it would have to have a bit of intelligence to
monitor how much it had throttled it. But aren't most modern cars already
throttle controlled through a circuit board?

Still easier to just cut the sparks instead of tweaking whats injected.

And easier to indicate to the driver that the system is limiting
the revs in a way that only a technoklutz could ignore.

And you havent fixed the uk.diy in this thread.

Old May 6th 21, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 04 May 2021 03:01:29 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Is it to warn you? Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.

But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too
fast.

Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.

You're getting **** all performance if you've gone over the power curve
anyway.

It doesn't drop off that dramatically.

The driver would still feel the lack of power.

Makes more sense to have a rev limiter and much easier to do too.

And you ****ed up uk.d-i-y in the newsgroup list, you have uk.diy

No, the guy that made the group ****ed it up. How did you notice?

My news client whinged about it not being a valid newsgroup.

Old May 6th 21, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peeler[_4_]

Default The Two Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again!

On Fri, 7 May 2021 03:49:15 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

Another typical retarded "conversation" between the two resident idiots:

Birdbrain: "But imagine how cool it was to own slaves."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, right. Feed them, clothe them, and fix them when
they're broken.
After all, you paid good money for them. Then you've got to keep an eye
on them all the time."

Birdbrain: "Better than having to give them wages on top of that."

Senile Rodent: "Specially when they make more slaves for you
and produce their own food and clothes."

MID:
Old May 6th 21, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peeler[_4_]

On Fri, 7 May 2021 03:40:32 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Old May 6th 21, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 04 May 2021 03:01:29 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Is it to warn you?Â* Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.

But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too
fast.

Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.

You're getting **** all performance if you've gone over the power curve
anyway.

That depends entirely on how the engine is set up. A turbocharged angine
for racing can easily be delivering nearly flat torque all the way to
disitegration and will develop full power on the limiters edge

No, the guy that made the group ****ed it up.Â* How did you notice?

--
“People believe certain stories because everyone important tells them,
and people tell those stories because everyone important believes them.

Paul Krugman
Old May 6th 21, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]

On 06/05/2021 18:36, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I did not have a rev limiter on my Renault Espace built in 1993.Â* I
broke the engine badly.

That shows what a stupid **** you are then

Old May 6th 21, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peeler[_4_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile Asshole Alert!

On Thu, 6 May 2021 21:05:33 +0100, The Natural Idiot, the notorious,
troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered again:

news On Tue, 04 May 2021 03:01:29 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 05/03/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Is it to warn you?* Even my toilet cistern can slow down smoothly.

On cars? Yes. Cutting the engine abruptly when you hit the red line
wouldn't be good so they simulate ignition breakup to give you a hint.

But at that point you've already gone over the peak of the power curve.
I'd just make it drop the curve more quickly so it can never go too
fast.

Not possible to do that and still get the best performance.

You're getting **** all performance if you've gone over the power curve
anyway.

That depends entirely on how the engine is set up.

He doesn't set up engines, he sets up baits for all you senile assholes who
are THANKFUL when they get baited by the dumbest trolling psycho around!

uneven spoke tension Joel Techniques 5 August 31st 06 01:58 AM
Uneven Chain Wear? (PeteCresswell) Techniques 55 December 25th 05 05:21 PM
uneven leg lengths? [email protected] Techniques 9 September 10th 05 03:12 PM
Uneven disc brakes Arild Ingebrigtsen Techniques 6 September 8th 04 06:50 PM
Uneven disc brakes Arild Ingebrigtsen Techniques 0 September 7th 04 07:09 PM