ASO says: Protour 2.0

Old July 24th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Default ASO says: Protour 2.0

Apparently Patrice Clerc, ASO president, has said that ASO will start a
new pro cycling league, in direct competition with the UCI Protour. This
from a journalist from the Telegraaf in the late night Tour Show on
Dutch tv. According to the journalist, Clerc has spoken to 11 teams
already. Not to Rabobank however, because it was news for Theo de Rooij,
also present on the tv show.

--
E. Dronkert
Old July 25th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_3_]

Ewoud Dronkert writes:

Apparently Patrice Clerc, ASO president, has said that ASO will start
a new pro cycling league, in direct competition with the UCI
Protour. This from a journalist from the Telegraaf in the late night
Tour Show on Dutch tv. According to the journalist, Clerc has spoken
to 11 teams already. Not to Rabobank however, because it was news for
Theo de Rooij, also present on the tv show.

Yippeee

They are finally doing what I've advocated all along

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
-
Old July 25th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jul 24, 7:00 pm, Davey Crockett
wrote:
Ewoud Dronkert writes:
Apparently Patrice Clerc, ASO president, has said that ASO will start
a new pro cycling league, in direct competition with the UCI
Protour. This from a journalist from the Telegraaf in the late night
Tour Show on Dutch tv. According to the journalist, Clerc has spoken
to 11 teams already. Not to Rabobank however, because it was news for
Theo de Rooij, also present on the tv show.

Yippeee

They are finally doing what I've advocated all along

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
-
"To see and not speak out would be a great betrayal. It is as if
watching my nation busily engaged in heaping its own funeral pyre. I
am filled with foreboding, for like the Roman I seem to see the River
Tiber foaming with much blood."
Enoch Powell

I've gotta agree. A complete and total break may be the only solution
that has any chance of working. It may cripple the sport the way open
whell racing here in the States was, but the sport is being killed off
anyway. At least a new organization would provide some spark of hope.
Bill C

Old July 25th 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_3_]

Bill C writes:

Yippeee

They are finally doing what I've advocated all along

I've gotta agree. A complete and total break may be the only solution
that has any chance of working. It may cripple the sport the way open
whell racing here in the States was, but the sport is being killed off
anyway. At least a new organization would provide some spark of hope.
Bill C

Well the UCI has been off the rails for the last 5-6 years

They seem to be on a Power Trip

It had to come sooner or later

Surely McBoggy must have realized the fact that nobody really needs
the UCI and that apart from Insurance, the membership/license fees are
almost totally expended on Junkets and other Nonesense.

Additionally I have direct evidence of corruption in one particular
UCI affiliate, and I'm sure that it exists in at least several more
if it isn't in fact endemic.

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
Old July 25th 07, 08:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

Apparently Patrice Clerc, ASO president, has said that ASO will start a
new pro cycling league, in direct competition with the UCI Protour. This
from a journalist from the Telegraaf in the late night Tour Show on
Dutch tv. According to the journalist, Clerc has spoken to 11 teams
already. Not to Rabobank however, because it was news for Theo de Rooij,
also present on the tv show.

Hopefully they also tell the IOC to take the Olympics and stuff it up a
convenient orifice.

uci protour results digidodo Racing 0 July 6th 07 08:03 AM
UCI Protour John Boers General 0 July 3rd 07 09:49 PM
New ProTour Team trg Racing 5 May 26th 06 08:50 PM
New ProTour Team trg Racing 0 May 25th 06 04:03 PM
ProTour is dead? Ronde Chimp Racing 8 September 27th 04 06:05 PM