Wanna Get a Tandem Bicycle For Me And My Wife

Old July 31st 10, 11:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
doubletee3

Default Wanna Get a Tandem Bicycle For Me And My Wife

I want to ask you guys who you think is the best maker of tandem
bicycles.

Thanks,
John
Old August 1st 10, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
vmcreek

On Jul 31, 6:28*pm, doubletee3 wrote:
I want to ask you guys who you think is the best maker of tandem
bicycles.

Thanks,
John

I've owned a Santana road bike, and Cannondale mt. tandem. Both make a
great bike. Wife now has back problems so now ride a Rans Screamer,
(recumbent tandem). Also some great deals on used tandems out there,
people tend to take good care of high end bike. You can pick one up
for half price with a little shopping.
Old August 1st 10, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
doubletee3

On Jul 31, 6:55*pm, vmcreek wrote:
On Jul 31, 6:28*pm, doubletee3 wrote:

I want to ask you guys who you think is the best maker of tandem
bicycles.

Thanks,
John

I've owned a Santana road bike, and Cannondale mt. tandem. Both make a
great bike. Wife now has back problems so now ride a Rans Screamer,
(recumbent tandem). Also some great deals on used tandems out there,
people tend to take good care of high end bike. You can pick one up
for half price with a little shopping.

Okay great! Thanks for the information. I'll check these bikes out.
Old August 4th 10, 12:31 PM
mischastar mischastar is offline
Member

I completely agree with VMCreek. Many people buy these tandems new and then use them only a few times. Therefore you can find some absolute bargins on websites like ebay! I wouldn't necessarily go for the first one you find as you may miss out on something better!

Cannondale are superb bikes though so if you can get one secondhand - this is what I would suggest!

Saw one the other day on a website made for an adult and 2 children! Looked absolutely fantastic

Kent Tandem Bicycle [email protected] General 11 July 2nd 08 03:30 AM
Duct tape tandem bicycle (?!) Justa Lurker General 0 June 14th 06 02:17 AM
Wanna Ride on my wife? Stacie the Skank? [email protected] Rides 0 January 10th 06 06:37 PM
Colson Tandem Bicycle peter Techniques 3 July 23rd 05 11:54 PM
FA: Cannondale RT1000 Tandem Road Bicycle [email protected] Marketplace 0 December 16th 04 11:25 PM