Dash cam saves driver from cyclist compo claim

Old February 12th 17, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Dash cam saves driver from cyclist compo claim

Dashcam shows outrageous moment cyclist fakes being hit by car and
aggressively tells driver he’s going to make a claim
The Youtbe video shows a man going past on his bike before stopping and
getting off his bike claiming that he has been 'hit'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/283274...y-car-dashcam/
Old February 12th 17, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 9:18:10 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
Dashcam shows outrageous moment cyclist fakes being hit by car and
aggressively tells driver he’s going to make a claim
The Youtbe video shows a man going past on his bike before stopping and
getting off his bike claiming that he has been 'hit'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/283274...y-car-dashcam/

I sincerely hope the cyclist reports this incident to the police and ends up with a fine for cycling on the footway.

Old February 12th 17, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 12/02/2017 13:34, wrote:
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 9:18:10 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
Dashcam shows outrageous moment cyclist fakes being hit by car and
aggressively tells driver he’s going to make a claim
The Youtbe video shows a man going past on his bike before stopping and
getting off his bike claiming that he has been 'hit'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/283274...y-car-dashcam/

I sincerely hope the cyclist reports this incident to the police and ends up with a fine for cycling on the footway.

and a prosecution for assault.

Old February 12th 17, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

wrote:
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 9:18:10 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
Dashcam shows outrageous moment cyclist fakes being hit by car and
aggressively tells driver he’s going to make a claim
The Youtbe video shows a man going past on his bike before stopping and
getting off his bike claiming that he has been 'hit'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/283274...y-car-dashcam/

I sincerely hope the cyclist reports this incident to the police and ends up with a fine for cycling on the footway.

and a prosecution for assault.

Assault?

indeed, the cyclist committed an assault (look it up)
Old February 12th 17, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wrote:
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 9:18:10 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
Dashcam shows outrageous moment cyclist fakes being hit by car and
aggressively tells driver he’s going to make a claim
The Youtbe video shows a man going past on his bike before stopping and
getting off his bike claiming that he has been 'hit'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/283274...y-car-dashcam/

I sincerely hope the cyclist reports this incident to the police and ends up with a fine for cycling on the footway.

and a prosecution for assault.

Assault?

indeed, the cyclist committed an assault (look it up)

I am aware Common Assault only requires the threat of unlawful violence but I can see no such threat in the video.

Old February 12th 17, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

wrote:
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 9:18:10 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
Dashcam shows outrageous moment cyclist fakes being hit by car and
aggressively tells driver he’s going to make a claim
The Youtbe video shows a man going past on his bike before stopping and
getting off his bike claiming that he has been 'hit'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/283274...y-car-dashcam/

I sincerely hope the cyclist reports this incident to the police and ends up with a fine for cycling on the footway.

and a prosecution for assault.

Assault?

indeed, the cyclist committed an assault (look it up)

I am aware Common Assault only requires the threat of unlawful violence but I can see no such threat in the video.

it is a question of whether the person in the car was in fear of being
thumped by the thug on a bike that was raving at him.
Old February 12th 17, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wrote:
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 9:18:10 AM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
Dashcam shows outrageous moment cyclist fakes being hit by car and
aggressively tells driver he’s going to make a claim
The Youtbe video shows a man going past on his bike before stopping and
getting off his bike claiming that he has been 'hit'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/283274...y-car-dashcam/

I sincerely hope the cyclist reports this incident to the police and ends up with a fine for cycling on the footway.

and a prosecution for assault.

Assault?

indeed, the cyclist committed an assault (look it up)

I am aware Common Assault only requires the threat of unlawful violence but I can see no such threat in the video.

it is a question of whether the person in the car was in fear of being
thumped by the thug on a bike that was raving at him.

If you say so.
I am embarrassed to live in a society where adults run crying to their mummies because the big boys called them names.
The cyclist could be charged under section 5 of the 1986 public order act and that is equally embarrassing. Can we no longer express any opinion without fear of arrest?
Old February 12th 17, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

wrote:
[...]

The laws of the UK say so.

I am embarrassed to live in a society where adults run crying to their mummies because the big boys called them names.
The cyclist could be charged under section 5 of the 1986 public order act and that is equally embarrassing.

It is the only legal way to discourage further occurrences of the same
sort of thing.

Can we no longer express any opinion without fear of arrest?

Of course you can, but ranting, raving and swearing should be considered
out of order in any rational society.
Old February 12th 17, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wrote:
[...]

You like living in a police state?

I am embarrassed to live in a society where adults run crying to their mummies because the big boys called them names.
The cyclist could be charged under section 5 of the 1986 public order act and that is equally embarrassing.

It is the only legal way to discourage further occurrences of the same
sort of thing.

Or maybe we could try and educate people rather than punish them.

Can we no longer express any opinion without fear of arrest?

Of course you can, but ranting, raving and swearing should be considered
out of order in any rational society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-akkbNyiXE

Using your definition the driver assaulted the woman and her children by starting his engine.
Then again the woman assaulted the driver with her racist rant.
I think the woman punished herself by behaving like an idiot but is free to express her opinions and should not be arrested as she would have been if it happened in the UK.