The pleasures of illegal cycling

Old June 1st 09, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.config
Jerry J

Default The pleasures of illegal cycling

jms wrote:

I would strongly object to this person being a moderator in the
proposed group; however it is an excellent example of why the
moderated group is needed.

On the contrary, it's an excellent example of why a moderated newsgroup
is not needed. Moderators are idiots and become self-important pricks -
use your killfile if trolls bother you.
Old June 1st 09, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.config
Steve Firth

Anthony R. Gold wrote:

You cross-posted. If you hadn't I wouldn't have seen it. Trying to blame
someone else for your conscious decision is bizarre.

But did you really ever see it?

Of course I did, I replied to "it".

"It" does not have to be the original post, "it" refers in this case to
the crossposted message created by Chapman. Unless you're somehow trying
to argue that big boys made him do it then ran away.
Old June 2nd 09, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.config
Tom Crispin

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 23:58:27 +0100, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

Anthony R. Gold wrote:

You cross-posted. If you hadn't I wouldn't have seen it. Trying to blame
someone else for your conscious decision is bizarre.

But did you really ever see it?

Of course I did, I replied to "it".

"It" does not have to be the original post, "it" refers in this case to
the crossposted message created by Chapman. Unless you're somehow trying
to argue that big boys made him do it then ran away.

Your position in this argument, and the one with me, is becoming ever
increasingly insane.

I suggest you apologise, but I know you won't: it takes courage to
submit to a bit of humility.

Prove me wrong, and I'll apologise.
Old June 2nd 09, 01:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.config
Steve Firth

Tom Crispin wrote:
[snip]

Your position in this argument, and the one with me, is becoming ever
increasingly insane.

Ah yes, and that was so mature of you.

I suggest you apologise, but I know you won't: it takes courage to
submit to a bit of humility.

Apologise for what?

Prove me wrong, and I'll apologise.

Prove you wrong about what?
Old June 2nd 09, 07:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.config
Tom Crispin

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 01:00:00 +0100, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

[Follow-ups set]

Tom Crispin wrote:
[snip]

Your position in this argument, and the one with me, is becoming ever
increasingly insane.

Ah yes, and that was so mature of you.

I suggest you apologise, but I know you won't: it takes courage to
submit to a bit of humility.

Apologise for what?

Prove me wrong, and I'll apologise.

Prove you wrong about what?

Oh dear!
Old June 2nd 09, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

On Sun, 31 May 2009 17:04:09 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

I had completely forgotten the pleasures of illegal cycling!

Is this it?

http://cid-b514760b346cef0a.skydrive.../Stinger-1.jpg

What is illegal about it?

--
Someone calling himself Lou Knee made a post in urc
referring to another poster as "a piece of ****".

Enough room but illegal. Simon Mason UK 97 April 23rd 09 11:25 PM
Illegal iPod While Cycling? DC1999 General 39 August 23rd 06 07:10 AM
Dirty pleasures in Snowy Melbourne Jules Australia 5 August 11th 05 01:23 AM
Simple pleasures BB Mountain Biking 4 May 31st 04 11:12 PM
Is listening to a radio while cycling illegal? Just zis Guy, you know? UK 30 August 30th 03 11:50 AM