Unicycle Product Reviews, new resource...check it out

Old December 27th 03, 12:52 AM
Sofa

Default Unicycle Product Reviews, new resource...check it out

Hey Everyone, you have noticed the forums quite Sofaless over the past
few weeks. Rest assured I have been diligently working on a tool that
should become a very powerful unicycling resource.

Please check out the new 'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx)

Note: This is still a work in progress, but is now ready to accept
users. This is my most complex project yet, so please take it easy on
my for the first little bit, as you will all effectively be beta testers
for a week or so.

I'm anxious to here any feedback about something missing, or if
something doesn't work.

Thanks to unicycle.com for allowing the use of their images, they make
up a good chunk of the product shots.

Enjoy, I've been working quite hard over the holidays.

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'My neighborhood is so bad that people get shot while they gettin shot'
- Chris Rock, Head of State
Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old December 27th 03, 01:06 AM
TheObieOne3226

That looks like it is nice and will be really helpful. It is gonna be
good to have an organized list of everything that can be reviewed so
that when someone is looking to buy, they can quickly find out about a
product without having to search for hours. Thanks for the hard work I'm
sure you put into this.

--
TheObieOne3226 - Extreme Halfb*ker

Grabbin your butt? That's not very lady-like!

My chocolates! Come back chocolates! I didn't mean what I said.

Old December 27th 03, 06:52 AM
Grinspoon

muiniracer has done 12 out of the 15 reviews on that site. What a dork

--
Grinspoon - Hell on Wheel
Grinspoon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4771

Old December 27th 03, 06:53 AM
muniracer

as of now, i have reviewed 12, yes 12, of the 15 total reviewed because
i am a dork. i even reviewed my seatpost. you guys should review all
of your stuff so i dont feel so silly...

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Old December 27th 03, 07:58 AM
TheObieOne3226

You have Dotek cranks under splined. I know theyre strong but...

Old December 27th 03, 12:53 PM
TheObieOne3226

I reviewed everything I own, just for you muniracer!

Old December 27th 03, 11:15 PM
bugman

That looks pretty nice. I know there are quite a few people on this
board that have used, tested, destroyed, and enjoyed a lot of the items
you have listed. I can't wait to read some of their reviews. Since I
just asked about this, you may want to add all the currently available
videos. I didn't get much of a response to my question so it would have
been nice to pull up 5-6 thoughtful reviews to make my decision.

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

Old December 28th 03, 01:37 AM
harper

This is a nice utility and, if it works out OK, we should probably ask
Gilby to provide a link to it from some convenient place. As it is, it
allows the reviewer to submit a review without rating a product so it
gives an inaccurately low average rating. This could be because Sofa has
a concrete block where his brain should be. Doesn't it seem wrong to you
that "Brian" is an anagram of "brain"?

--
harper - Old dog, no tricks

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"I hope to be a 90 year old guy who rides his unicycle to the store for
whiskey and condoms." -J.D. Miller
"Old people give me money, because I deliver their paper!" -
James_Potter

Old December 28th 03, 03:35 AM
Sofa

Thanks for the input guys, I've added videos to it, and un-Harpered the
rating system.

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?