Integrated or Non-integrated Headset - That Is The Question!

Old March 3rd 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Integrated or Non-integrated Headset - That Is The Question!

In article ,
Steve Sr. wrote:

Hello,

I am having a custom frame made and I have a choice of an integrated
or non-integrated headset. Any suggestions and reasons for choosing
one over the other?

Right now I am sort of leaning towards the non-integrated since the
whole headset can be changed out if needed. Whereas with the
integrated approach you're sunk if the headset becomes obsolete and
parts are no longer available.

Good plan. Go with it.

I also don't recall seeing many bikes with integrated headsets. Was
this only a passing fad for the last couple of years that has run its
course?

I do not know. If I were to guess: the manufacturers think
they can reap some benefit from it, and will eventually
abandon it.

--
Michael Press