Old School VS New School

Old June 15th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

Default Old School VS New School

Okay, this has dawned on me a few times in the past, whats the
difference between Old School and New School styles of riding?

The really extreme part of unicycling had only started to develope in
1998, 2000, or later from my stance, like, the crankflip was landed in
2003 i think?

really, how old does it have to be to be old school? the crankflip is
only 5 years old, and heavier styles of trials and things are only
around eight years old.

What defines Old School? Just going big? Doing plants? Heavier
unicycles?

What defines New School? Anything after 2005? more set in generic
tricks? Doing 5 stairs instead of 10 stairs? Clothing? Unicycles?

really, I dont understand how people can call things old school, when
they're only five to eight years old. I mean, i get the fact that it
was in the first development of what we now call basic tricks, but, how
do we consider it old?

Hope you understand my point of view on this, please discuss!

-Graham

--
unibikeling

'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)

beeper wrote:
you sir, are unrealistic

Old June 15th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

I think plants are old school, single crankflips are new school (sort
of)... I consider when people did hickflips, 180 flips, doubleflips,
ect new school
Doing grinds, tiregrabs, hop twists, ect was around during old school
but are not only old school because they are now done in new street.
Unispins I consider more new than old but they were done in old
school...

--
Any Terrain

'The Great Chicago Meet-up Thread'
Old June 15th 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DustinSchaap

compare it to BMX. a backslide down a handrail i would deffinatly call
old school, even though it's never been landed yet (i think?). its the
difference in style, rather than when it was first done.

--
DustinSchaap

DUTCH UNICYCLIST COMMUNITY:
EENWIEL.NL (\"HTTP://EENWIEL.NL\")
SPONSORS:
MUNICYCLE.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.EINRADLADEN.NET/SHOP/INDEX.PHP/LANGUAGE/EN\")
AND QU-AX (\"HTTP://QU-AX.COM/\")

*Ah, but can you compress your tire like this?*
Old June 16th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
juggle508

DustinSchaap wrote:
compare it to BMX. a backslide down a handrail i would deffinatly call
old school, even though it's never been landed yet (i think?). its the
difference in style, rather than when it was first done.

A small 4 set has been backslid.

KH.

--
juggle508

tugboat wrote:
What I like to do is stuff that others CAN do, but don't have the
*guts* to do.
Deadly.
Kevin McMullin

Kris Holm Unicycles. www.krisholm.com
www.myspace.com/kelly_hickman
Old June 16th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

i consider big street to be entirely old school, but a new school twist
would be fifthflipping down a 10 set, an old school twist would be a
christ air... its just the type of trick within a more general style of
riding. some things don't really fall into either.
new=fast
old=big, slow, and understandable to an average bystander with no
explanation what so ever.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

do it for the joy, do it for the fun, do it for the looks, do it for
yourself.
Old June 16th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

skrobo wrote:
i consider big street to be entirely old school, but a new school twist
would be fifthflipping down a 10 set, an old school twist would be a
christ air... its just the type of trick within a more general style of
riding. some things don't really fall into either.
new=fast
old=big, slow, and understandable to an average bystander with no
explanation what so ever.

ahh i see. thats what i like more so, the slow stuff.

--
unibikeling

'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)

beeper wrote:
you sir, are unrealistic

The School Run Mike Causer UK 17 December 18th 06 12:56 PM
Highland Middle School Bicycle to School Day Claire Petersky General 5 May 23rd 06 02:25 AM
Subsidised School Run NC UK 21 May 5th 04 07:06 AM
School run and run... Colin Blackburn UK 20 October 3rd 03 03:35 PM