Hiker dies in fall at state park

Old April 13th 10, 04:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default Hiker dies in fall at state park

On Apr 7, 10:17*pm, Bruce Jensen wrote:
On Apr 7, 6:56*pm, Bob Berger wrote:

In article ,
Bruce Jensen says...

On Apr 6, 3:48=A0pm, Bob Berger wrote:
To quote Mike:

A "healthy activity for the whole family", huh? BS.

- - - - - -

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...865_aporhikerd....

Originally published Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Ore. police say hiker dies in fall at state park

The Associated Press
PORTLAND, Ore. =97

Oregon State Police have released the identity of a
22-year-old hiker who died in an apparent accidental
fall at Silver Falls State Park east of Salem.

Spokesman Lt. Gregg Hastings says the young man was
Naseem A. Shqueir. He was with a dozen other Washington
State University students from the Vancouver campus
visiting the park Saturday afternoon.

Hastings says the victim and two others stopped to
take photos along a trail near Drake Falls. He walked
out of sight of the others and fell from a cliff 50-75
feet to rocks and water below. Emergency responders
rappelled down to recover the body.

Authorities are trying to locate a hiker who may have
witnessed the fall.

Hastings says the victim was reportedly a recent WSU
graduate and his parents live in Israel.

- - - - -

SNIP

Bob, he was not a hiker, he was in idiot. *There's no accounting...

The Oregon State Police classified this individual as a "hiker". Having an
aversion to black helicopters buzzing about my house, I'll not contradict them.
:-)

Those black copters are the best airline service I've ever had ;-)
The food could be better, though...- Hide quoted text -

Those are just Oregon mosquitoes. Did you flunk Geography?
Old April 13th 10, 08:21 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bruce Jensen

On Apr 13, 8:50*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

Those are just Oregon mosquitoes. Did you flunk Geography?- Hide quoted text -

Did you flunk kindergarten? You're obviously still there, 'tard.