A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Another woman mown down by a cyclist



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old September 13th 17, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,711
Default Another woman mown down by a cyclist

JNugent wrote:
On 13/09/2017 17:18, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
A cyclist was arrested after a pensioner was left fighting for her
life in a crash in Oxford Street.
The woman, in her seventies, suffered serious head injuries in the
crash near Bond Street station at 4.30pm yesterday. She was taken to
hospital where she remained today with "life- threatening" injuries.
Her family were at her side.
Scotland Yard said the cyclist stopped at the scene. He was arrested
after checks showed he was wanted in connection with an unrelated
alleged offence involving criminal damage.
The cyclist was seen arguing with officers as hordes of shoppers
watched. He shouted to the half-dozen officers trying to restrain
him: "You're breaking my arm, what are you holding me for? You are
trying to make a show of me. That's what police do."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3633906.html


"After apparently refusing to get into a police car, the cyclist was
escorted into a police van and taken to a station, two and a half
hours after the collision"
The gross stupidity of cyclists never ceases to amaze me.
Low life scum.


Come off it. You can easily see his point. What right did the police
have to arrest him? The law doesn't apply to cyclists.


Yeah, I see your point and stand corrected.
I do understand that the law does not apply to sub-humans.
Btw, the **** on the bike with no brakes that murdered that lady is due to
be sentenced next Monday.





Ads
  #12  
Old September 13th 17, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,875
Default Another woman mown down by a cyclist

On 13/09/2017 20:58, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 8:43:43 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 4:31:36 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful
wrote:
A cyclist was arrested after a pensioner was left fighting for her
life in a crash in Oxford Street.
The woman, in her seventies, suffered serious head injuries in the
crash near Bond Street station at 4.30pm yesterday. She was taken to
hospital where she remained today with "life- threatening" injuries.
Her family were at her side.
Scotland Yard said the cyclist stopped at the scene. He was arrested
after checks showed he was wanted in connection with an unrelated
alleged offence involving criminal damage.
The cyclist was seen arguing with officers as hordes of shoppers
watched. He shouted to the half-dozen officers trying to restrain
him: "You're breaking my arm, what are you holding me for? You are
trying to make a show of me. That's what police do."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3633906.html

If there were hordes of shoppers there should be plenty of witnesses
to testify the pedestrian walked into the path of a moving vehicle
without a helmet.


All of the shoppers on the footpath should be looking out for ******s riding
bicycles and mowing down old people?


Did this incident occur on the footway or the carriageway?


Why would that matter?

QUOTE:
Witnesses described seeing two cyclists turning on to Oxford Street,
with one striking the woman as she crossed the road.
ENDQUOTE

What can you tell from that?

The fracas and arrest have nothing to do with the incident.

The **** resisted arrest, you pillock


And?


And it's a criminal offence to resist arrest.

What's more, it's not one that needs much in the way of proof.
  #13  
Old September 13th 17, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,875
Default Another woman mown down by a cyclist

On 13/09/2017 21:03, Christie wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 13/09/2017 17:18, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:


A cyclist was arrested after a pensioner was left fighting for her
life in a crash in Oxford Street.
The woman, in her seventies, suffered serious head injuries in the
crash near Bond Street station at 4.30pm yesterday. She was taken to
hospital where she remained today with "life- threatening" injuries.
Her family were at her side.
Scotland Yard said the cyclist stopped at the scene. He was arrested
after checks showed he was wanted in connection with an unrelated
alleged offence involving criminal damage.
The cyclist was seen arguing with officers as hordes of shoppers
watched. He shouted to the half-dozen officers trying to restrain him:
"You're breaking my arm, what are you holding me for? You are trying
to make a show of me. That's what police do."


https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3633906.html

"After apparently refusing to get into a police car, the cyclist was
escorted into a police van and taken to a station, two and a half hours
after the collision"
The gross stupidity of cyclists never ceases to amaze me.
Low life scum.


Come off it. You can easily see his point. What right did the police
have to arrest him?


He was wanted in connection with an unrelated alleged offence
involving criminal damage, apparently - it's all in the report.


The law doesn't apply to cyclists.


I think that is what's called being facetious.


TMS and Jester won't think it's funny.
  #14  
Old September 13th 17, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,875
Default Another woman mown down by a cyclist

On 13/09/2017 21:03, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 13/09/2017 17:18, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:


A cyclist was arrested after a pensioner was left fighting for her
life in a crash in Oxford Street.
The woman, in her seventies, suffered serious head injuries in the
crash near Bond Street station at 4.30pm yesterday. She was taken to
hospital where she remained today with "life- threatening" injuries.
Her family were at her side.
Scotland Yard said the cyclist stopped at the scene. He was arrested
after checks showed he was wanted in connection with an unrelated
alleged offence involving criminal damage.
The cyclist was seen arguing with officers as hordes of shoppers
watched. He shouted to the half-dozen officers trying to restrain
him: "You're breaking my arm, what are you holding me for? You are
trying to make a show of me. That's what police do."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3633906.html

"After apparently refusing to get into a police car, the cyclist was
escorted into a police van and taken to a station, two and a half
hours after the collision"
The gross stupidity of cyclists never ceases to amaze me.
Low life scum.


Come off it. You can easily see his point. What right did the police
have to arrest him? The law doesn't apply to cyclists.


Yeah, I see your point and stand corrected.
I do understand that the law does not apply to sub-humans.
Btw, the **** on the bike with no brakes that murdered that lady is due to
be sentenced next Monday.


I'll look out for that.
  #15  
Old September 13th 17, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,711
Default Another woman mown down by a cyclist

JNugent wrote:
On 13/09/2017 21:03, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 13/09/2017 17:18, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:


A cyclist was arrested after a pensioner was left fighting for her
life in a crash in Oxford Street.
The woman, in her seventies, suffered serious head injuries in the
crash near Bond Street station at 4.30pm yesterday. She was taken
to hospital where she remained today with "life- threatening"
injuries. Her family were at her side.
Scotland Yard said the cyclist stopped at the scene. He was
arrested after checks showed he was wanted in connection with an
unrelated alleged offence involving criminal damage.
The cyclist was seen arguing with officers as hordes of shoppers
watched. He shouted to the half-dozen officers trying to restrain
him: "You're breaking my arm, what are you holding me for? You are
trying to make a show of me. That's what police do."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3633906.html

"After apparently refusing to get into a police car, the cyclist
was escorted into a police van and taken to a station, two and a
half hours after the collision"
The gross stupidity of cyclists never ceases to amaze me.
Low life scum.

Come off it. You can easily see his point. What right did the police
have to arrest him? The law doesn't apply to cyclists.


Yeah, I see your point and stand corrected.
I do understand that the law does not apply to sub-humans.
Btw, the **** on the bike with no brakes that murdered that lady is
due to be sentenced next Monday.


I'll look out for that.


If and when I see it I'll put it here.
Bet the piece of **** gets a slap on his little wrists though.


  #16  
Old September 13th 17, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,132
Default Another woman mown down by a cyclist

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 8:58:58 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

Happily a woman has the incident on camera, and there must be plenty of
cameras in that area in any case, so the cyclist may be vindicated yet,
but not on the other charges he faces.


So you agree the cyclist is innocent until proven guilty and the pedestrian could have mitigated her head injury by wearing a helmet.


  #17  
Old September 14th 17, 12:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,975
Default Another woman mown down by a cyclist

On 13/09/17 21:12, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Btw, the **** on the bike with no brakes that murdered that lady
is due to be sentenced next Monday.


If and when I see it I'll put it here. Bet the piece of **** gets a
slap on his little wrists though.


If so, it won't be much different to many hundreds of motor vehicle drivers.
  #18  
Old September 14th 17, 12:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,875
Default Another woman mown down by a cyclist

On 13/09/2017 21:20, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 8:58:58 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

Happily a woman has the incident on camera, and there must be plenty of
cameras in that area in any case, so the cyclist may be vindicated yet,
but not on the other charges he faces.


So you agree the cyclist is innocent until proven guilty and the pedestrian could have mitigated her head injury by wearing a helmet.


Mr C had failed to take account of a highly significant part of the news
report. The lady victim was crossing a road into which the turd on a
bike was turning.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you what that means.
  #19  
Old September 14th 17, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,045
Default Another woman mown down by a cyclist

On 14/09/2017 00:47, JNugent wrote:
On 13/09/2017 21:20, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 8:58:58 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

Happily a woman has the incident on camera, and there must be plenty of
cameras in that area in any case, so the cyclist may be vindicated yet,
but not on the other charges he faces.


So you agree the cyclist is innocent until proven guilty and the
pedestrian could have mitigated her head injury by wearing a helmet.


Mr C had failed to take account of a highly significant part of the news
report. The lady victim was crossing a road into which the turd on a
bike was turning.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you what that means.



I was giving the benefit of doubt to the planet saving cyclist, the old
lady might have sprinted into the road or, or been barged into his path
or he might have shouted 'get out of the way' twice, he might have been
in an important race, or strava event, delivering a pizza, jumping a red
light for safety, or something else important cyclists do in London.
  #20  
Old September 14th 17, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,304
Default Another woman mown down by a cyclist

On 14/09/2017 07:08, MrCheerful wrote:
On 14/09/2017 00:47, JNugent wrote:
On 13/09/2017 21:20, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 8:58:58 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

Happily a woman has the incident on camera, and there must be plenty of
cameras in that area in any case, so the cyclist may be vindicated yet,
but not on the other charges he faces.

So you agree the cyclist is innocent until proven guilty and the
pedestrian could have mitigated her head injury by wearing a helmet.


Mr C had failed to take account of a highly significant part of the
news report. The lady victim was crossing a road into which the turd
on a bike was turning.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you what that means.



I was giving the benefit of doubt to the planet saving cyclist, the old
lady might have sprinted into the road or, or been barged into his path
or he might have shouted 'get out of the way' twice, he might have been
in an important race, or strava event, delivering a pizza, jumping a red
light for safety, or something else important cyclists do in London.


The old ones are normally much easier to avoid. But if you are 1 meter
from the pavement and a pedestrian steps out, without looking or giving
any warning there is little that can be done.

Perhaps we should wait for some evidence before we execute the cyclist?
Although the site of Tyburn Tree was just up the road.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Woman on crossing mown down by cylist Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 118 January 31st 13 10:11 PM
RLJ cyclist mown down by SUV Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 29 December 23rd 12 11:14 AM
Another OAP mown down by a cyclist on the pavement Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 45 September 25th 11 07:30 PM
another old guy mown down by a cyclist Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 1 April 22nd 11 08:30 PM
another pedestrian mown down by a cyclist. Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 3 April 7th 11 05:09 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.