Wellingborough cyclist captures police chase ending in arrest ofsuspected custody escapee

Old June 12th 21, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Wellingborough cyclist captures police chase ending in arrest ofsuspected custody escapee

A Wellingborough cyclist has captured the dramatic moment police intercepted a motorist in Northampton Road after a pursuit.

Samuel Shoesmith was about the use the cycle path towards the Wilby Way estate when his on board camera videoed the action.

Two police cars, one unmarked, were seen following a car from the A45 roundabout opposite Sainsbury's.

In the footage a silver car is seen making a turn across Northampton Road, across the pavement and down the shared realm cycle and pedestrian walkway yesterday (Thursday, June 11).

He said: "I was quite shocked - my mouth dropped open.

"I had just finished at the gym and was coming down Northampton Road. I was just about to go down that cycle path. It was so sudden I couldn't believe it."

A spokesman for Northants Police said: "A Nissan X Trail [was] spotted on cloned plates in the Wellingborough area last night, June 10, which following a pursuit was stopped in Northampton Road, Wellingborough, at around 8.45pm. The car ended up on the public footpath/cycle path
"A 42-year-old Wellingborough man was arrested on suspicion of: theft from a motor vehicle, escape from custody, failing to stop, dangerous driving, driving while unfit through drugs, driving while disqualified, and theft.

"A 29 year old woman from Higham Ferrers was arrested on suspicion of theft..

https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk...scapee-3270482
Old June 12th 21, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_13_]

Default Wellingborough cyclist captures police chase ending in arrest of(another) cyclist

On 12/06/2021 06:42 pm, wrote:

[...]

IOW, driving a motor vehicle whilst only qualified to be a mere cyclist.

Old June 13th 21, 02:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_13_]

Default Wellingborough cyclist captures police chase ending in arrest ofa qualified cyclist

On 13/06/2021 11:02 am, wrote:

"A 42-year-old Wellingborough man was arrested on suspicion of: theft from a motor vehicle, escape from custody, failing to stop, dangerous driving, driving while unfit through drugs, driving while disqualified, and theft.

Doesn't say if the car was insured or not.

Doesn't matter. Insurance is invalid when the person attempting to drive
the vehicle is only qualified to ride a fairy-bike (as this chap is).

Oh dear - could be costly. https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk...fif?&width=640

https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk...scapee-3270482