Reminder to the cycling newsgroups from Ed Dolan the Great - IX

Old October 31st 07, 08:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

Default Reminder to the cycling newsgroups from Ed Dolan the Great - IX

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 05:56:22 -0700, JimmyMac
wrote:

[...]
A man who obviously knows nothing of pearls or wisdom should stick to
his quest of creating wildlife habitat. Should you make good your
quest, I hope that you and your beloved Ed have a "wildlife" together
in your own Personal Garden of Eden. SInce it would be off-limits to
humans you two shold have it all to yourselves.

Thank you for your non-pearl of non-wisdom.

All Jim McNamra knows how to do is to stalk. He does not have a clue about
your expertise on how mountain biking harms hiking trails and how it harms
nature in general. He is too busy stalking to learn anything about anyone.

Poor-Jim (all one name) is forever spiteful and small minded. He is an
example of what can happen to you when you cannot accept criticism. He has
the delicate ego of a teenager even though he is well into his 60's. A very
sad case!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old October 31st 07, 02:55 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Oct 31, 3:37 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 05:56:22 -0700, JimmyMac
wrote:

[...]
[...]

61 is not WELL INTO one's 60's. As for the rest ... the usual
recycled and regurgitated tripe. By the way who is the McNamra that
you castigate??? I believe my response was to Mike, so whose
stalking whom here??? The conundrum continues!!!

Old November 1st 07, 01:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 05:56:22 -0700, JimmyMac
wrote:

[...]
A man who obviously knows nothing of pearls or wisdom should stick to
his quest of creating wildlife habitat. Should you make good your
quest, I hope that you and your beloved Ed have a "wildlife" together
in your own Personal Garden of Eden. SInce it would be off-limits to
humans you two shold have it all to yourselves.

Thank you for your non-pearl of non-wisdom.

All Jim McNamra knows how to do is to stalk. He does not have a clue about
your expertise on how mountain biking harms hiking trails and how it harms
nature in general....

Kind of silly to worry about off-road bicycling harming nature, when the
only thing that will save most ecosystems on the planet is mass hominid
sterilization. Most larger mammals (including possibly hominids), birds
and fish will be extinct in 100 years or so, the forests will be gone,
the topsoil depleted and the lakes, rivers and oceans fouled. All
because people put their personal desire to breed excessively ahead of
the general welfare of the species and planet.

When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?
Old November 1st 07, 02:05 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:00:58 -0500, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 05:56:22 -0700, JimmyMac
wrote:

[...]
[...]

You need to distinguish between NUMBERS of humans, and their BEHAVIOR.
ONE human with atomic weapons can do more harm than the rest of the
population combined. That can't be THAT hard to understand. BOTH are
important, not just population.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old November 1st 07, 03:41 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Tom Sherman[_2_]

wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 05:56:22 -0700, JimmyMac
wrote:
[...]
[...]

Hungry people want to eat, and damn the ecological consequences. Cold
people want shelter and a fire, damn forest sustainability. Only two
billion people can live a decent, sustainable lifestyle with the
technology foreseeable in the next century. Seven or eight billion
people can ruin the planet with stone age technology.

We are screwed. The overpopulation problem should have been addressed 40
years ago, but still has not due to religious superstitions and
individual selfishness.

Maybe the next dominant species that evolves in a few million years will
be morally better than us hominids.

When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?
Old November 1st 07, 09:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 31, 3:37 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]
All Jim McNamra [McNamara] knows how to do is to stalk. He does not have
a clue about
your expertise on how mountain biking harms hiking trails and how it
harms
nature in general. He is too busy stalking to learn anything about
anyone.

Poor-Jim (all one name) is forever spiteful and small minded. He is an
example of what can happen to you when you cannot accept criticism. He
has
the delicate ego of a teenager even though he is well into his 60's. A
very
sad case!

61 is not WELL INTO one's 60's. As for the rest ... the usual
recycled and regurgitated tripe. By the way who is the McNamra that
you castigate??? I believe my response was to Mike, so whose
stalking whom here??? The conundrum continues!!!

The Great Mike Vandeman is busy confronting all the idiotic mountain bikers
and does not have time for a fool like you. Unfortunately for you, I do!

Old November 1st 07, 09:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
Tom Sherman wrote:
Kind of silly to worry about off-road bicycling harming nature, when
the only thing that will save most ecosystems on the planet is mass
hominid sterilization. Most larger mammals (including possibly
hominids), birds and fish will be extinct in 100 years or so, the
forests will be gone, the topsoil depleted and the lakes, rivers and
oceans fouled. All because people put their personal desire to breed
excessively ahead of the general welfare of the species and planet.

Aren't birth rates down -- in North America and Europe, at least? If you
really believe what you wrote, then why worry about global climate change,
dietary restrictions (nanny state-imposed, that is), or hell, anything
else? We'll all be gone soon enough!

I don't think it matters much whether birth rates are down in America and
Europe since the birth rates elsewhere in the world more than make up for
it. Besides, are not America and Europe admitting all the downtrodden of the
rest of the world into their precincts?

Mr. Sherman is right and what he predicts will come to past, but hopefully
not while any of us are still alive.

Old November 1st 07, 10:15 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:00:58 -0500, Tom Sherman
wrote:

[...]

[...]

Mr. Tom Sherman makes some very good points here with which I largely agree.

If you want to know what all the earth will be like in several hundred
years, go to India or China. Whether anyone will be rich or poor does not
matter because the ecology of the earth will have been largely destroyed
from what it has been from time immemorial.

I like to think of what Iowa was like before it was settled by Europeans. It
must have been a paradise with only a few bands of Indians living off the
wild life. Now look at it - an ecological disaster even though it feeds the
world. I think of the whole state as the Black Desert. Even the song birds
are disappearing. There are nothing but cackling crows now about the house,
enough to drive one stark raving mad. We shall end up in a world populated
solely by rats and cockroaches since they resemble us in every way.

Everyone should read "The Oregon Trail" to get an idea of what a paradise
America was before European settlement ruined it.

Old November 1st 07, 12:57 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Nov 1, 4:31 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

ps.com...

[...]

Why don't you Mike of the mutual admiration society just elope. Let's
see, I respond to Vandeman and then Dolan replies to my response and
yet he labels me a stalker??? The conundrum continues!

Old November 2nd 07, 08:11 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Nov 1, 4:31 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]
The Great Mike Vandeman is busy confronting all the idiotic mountain
bikers
and does not have time for a fool like you. Unfortunately for you, I do!

Why don't you Mike of the mutual admiration society just elope. Let's
see, I respond to Vandeman and then Dolan replies to my response and
yet he labels me a stalker??? The conundrum continues!

Nothing but a stalker - a very sad case!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great
aka