Rik Van Diesel, I agree with you

Old October 1st 04, 07:02 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Default Rik Van Diesel, I agree with you

about the Masters Fatties.

Grown men with self-esteem problems.

Not all of them, of course. Not even a majority. Not even close to a
majority.

Enough of a minority however, to make it too many.

The theory which has been mentioned befo dudes didn't have athletic
success during their formative or early adult years and it led to an
outsize importance being placed on it when they got old.

That, I don't miss about bike racing at all.

One of my friends, who holds a 'pro' license, is having a
quitting-bike-racing party tonite. He is not a Masters Fattie (is not
even close to being old enough) but there should be plenty of Masters
Fattie stories being thrown around after a few beers go down. The M.
Fatties provide the best fodder.

K. Gringioni

Old October 1st 04, 08:24 PM
Warren

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
oups.com...
about the Masters Fatties.

Grown men with self-esteem problems.

Not all of them, of course. Not even a majority. Not even close to a
majority.

Enough of a minority however, to make it too many.

The theory which has been mentioned befo dudes didn't have athletic
success during their formative or early adult years and it led to an
outsize importance being placed on it when they got old.

Same happens in softball (actually much worse), basketball, soccer,
baseball, ski racing, etc., and among parents with kids playing sports who
live vicariously through the "success" of their kids to try to compensate
for what they couldn't do themselves.

-WG

Old October 1st 04, 09:43 PM
Rik Van Diesel

What time?

RVD
Fattie masters usually drink good beer.

Old October 2nd 04, 01:03 AM
gwhite

Rik Van Diesel wrote:

What time?

RVD
Fattie masters usually drink good beer.

Dumbass,

Don't you think one Superkunt per rbr is enough?

PS: This post is the last time I'll type "Superkunt." (I think.)
Old October 2nd 04, 10:07 PM
Mark Fennell

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote:

One of my friends, who holds a 'pro' license, is having a
quitting-bike-racing party tonite. He is not a Masters Fattie (is not
even close to being old enough) but there should be plenty of Masters
Fattie stories being thrown around after a few beers go down. The M.
Fatties provide the best fodder.

please post a report.