Thoughts on Dawes Haymaker 1200

Old March 21st 10, 11:14 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Thoughts on Dawes Haymaker 1200

Does anyone kno wanything about the Dawes Haymaker 1200. I am looking
to get back into biking after about 20 years. I would be riding
mostly on dirt logging roads or dirt trails and commuting to work on
the trails 8-10 miles one way. Not lookign for anything too expensive
but want a decent bike.

Old April 12th 10, 09:30 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Graham SK8

wrote in message
Does anyone kno wanything about the Dawes Haymaker 1200. I am looking
to get back into biking after about 20 years. I would be riding
mostly on dirt logging roads or dirt trails and commuting to work on
the trails 8-10 miles one way. Not lookign for anything too expensive
but want a decent bike.

I would suggest a mountain bike is a bit heavy for a regular 20 mile
commute. Obviously it depends on the surface of the trails you are commuting
on, but have you considered a Hybrid bike - (I think you 'Mericans call them
Cafe Bikes)

If you're commuting, can you get changed at the other end - if not, good
mudguards become more important, and the add on ones you tend to get on
MTB's aren't great.

The Dawes Haymaker 1200 looks good for a $360 bike. I'd stick with a
hardtail for that price, and for trail riding. Can you lock off the front
suspension? Don't forget the add ons you'll need.....

Thoughts on the Trek 1000, 1200 and 1500? Oz General 11 May 15th 06 01:01 AM
Thoughts on the Trek 1000, 1200 and 1500? Kris Osborn Racing 3 May 13th 06 04:07 AM
Trek 1200 Scott Blanch Australia 0 August 8th 04 12:54 PM
One Dawes closes, another Dawes opens? Martin Bulmer UK 21 February 3rd 04 07:25 PM
I'm thinking of upgrading my HRM...anyone got any thoughts on my thoughts? Paulus Australia 10 August 12th 03 11:30 AM