Seen today

Old October 24th 17, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Seen today

While cycling along a quiet residential road, I first overtook a lad of
about 14/15 giving a younger girl a lift on his handlbars. A short time
later I overtook a man riding hands off, smoking a fag and talking to
his phone.

It lifts the spirits to see that that all is well with the world. In
small parts of it, at least.
Old October 24th 17, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 19:49:19 +0100
TMS320 wrote:

While cycling along a quiet residential road, I first overtook a lad
of about 14/15 giving a younger girl a lift on his handlbars.

Standing on front axle stunt pegs, perhaps? Most modern bikes are
quite unsuitable for that sort of use, unlike the one in "Butch Cassidy
and the Sundance Kid".

A short
time later I overtook a man riding hands off, smoking a fag and
talking to his phone.

It lifts the spirits to see that that all is well with the world. In
small parts of it, at least.

It makes me laugh to see chavs riding with their hands in their trackie
tops because they're not smart enough to get gloves.

Old October 25th 17, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

TMS320 wrote:

While cycling along a quiet residential road, I first overtook a lad
of about 14/15 giving a younger girl a lift on his handlbars.

Standing on front axle stunt pegs, perhaps? Most modern bikes are
quite unsuitable for that sort of use, unlike the one in "Butch Cassidy
and the Sundance Kid".

I didn't notice the detail. It's possible she was sitting in his lap had
her knees over the bar.

A short
time later I overtook a man riding hands off, smoking a fag and
talking to his phone.

It lifts the spirits to see that that all is well with the world. In
small parts of it, at least.

It makes me laugh to see chavs riding with their hands in their trackie
tops because they're not smart enough to get gloves.

I did that many years ago when it was possible to travel decent
distances away from the roaring monsters. I had a Dutch bike and the
relaxed geometry made it easy to negotiate junctions and turns.

Old October 25th 17, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

TMS320 wrote in news
TMS320 wrote:

[...]

I haven't used gloves yet this season; today I would've if I'd been out
earlier.