New Riding Buddy (heheh)

Old August 10th 06, 04:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson

Default New Riding Buddy (heheh)

Corvus Corvax wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:

Yeah, those "English /Christians/" almost got away with their plot
to blow up 20 airplanes yesterday. Scary people, indeed.

That's a difference in tactics, not agendas.

You wrote (and snipped for some reason), "I fail to see much of a difference
between the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic
fundamentalists"

Seems to me the latter's "agendas" and "tactics" are the same: kill many
thousands of innocent people.

Somehow "Brandi" doesn't seem quite as menacing. LOL (Are you saying she
shouldn't have the /right/ to be wrong? Didn't you or someone say she ran
for public office and got trounced? Are you suggesting that's dangerous?)

I would still like an explanation of how terrorism (or Islam in
general) is germane to book banning in Idaho.

Wasn't my contention. I didn't read her website (no interest), but I highly
doubt that she's a true threat to anything you or I hold dear. (Or are you
saying that people should be free to call Bush "Hitler" and the like but
somehow some blonde chick somewhere shouldn't be free to express /her/
views?)

Seems like a double standard to me. One of /many/.

Bill S.

Old August 10th 06, 04:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Bill Sornson wrote:
Corvus Corvax wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

If a petite blonde with a website "scares you", what does the thought
of the radical Islam goal to convert the US to a Taliban-like society
(or kill us all if that doesn't work out) do to you? Just curious...

When you put it that way, I fail to see much of a difference between
the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic fundamentalists,
except that they dress different. (The Christians are way tackier.)

Yeah, those "English /Christians/" almost got away with their plot to blow
up 20 airplanes yesterday. Scary people, indeed.

It sure ain't atheists bombing family planning clinics and beating gays
to death.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old August 10th 06, 04:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Shawn Curry

small change wrote:
"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mark Hickey wrote:

If a petite blonde with a website "scares you", what does the thought
of the radical Islam goal to convert the US to a Taliban-like society
(or kill us all if that doesn't work out) do to you? Just curious...

When you put it that way, I fail to see much of a difference between
the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic fundamentalists,
except that they dress different. (The Christians are way tackier.)

Or maybe you wouldn't mind your (hypothetical) 8 year old daughter
checking out 'The Joy of Gay Sex' on her next trip to the library.
Perhaps it's just simpler to buy her a stack of porn DVDs and get it
over with, huh?

It's very simple, Mark: you don't get to use your religion to control
what I (or my children) read. It's none of your ****ing business.
That's what actual freedom means.

CC

What 8 year old would be going to the library without supervision? Yours,
Mark?

Mine Penny. We lived a block from the library in Salida. My children,
and many others, go there by themselves. Doubt if she'd be interested
in browsing the section where she might find "The Joys of Sex" though,
there's no Harry Potter there. :-p

Shawn
Old August 10th 06, 05:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

Bill Sornson wrote:

You wrote (and snipped for some reason), "I fail to see much of a difference
between the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic
fundamentalists"

Seems to me the latter's "agendas" and "tactics" are the same: kill many
thousands of innocent people.

Somehow "Brandi" doesn't seem quite as menacing.

Well, ok. If your best argument is "we're not as bad as the Taliban", I
really don't know what to say.

CC

Old August 10th 06, 05:09 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson

G.T. wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
Corvus Corvax wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

If a petite blonde with a website "scares you", what does the
thought of the radical Islam goal to convert the US to a
Taliban-like society (or kill us all if that doesn't work out) do
to you? Just curious...

When you put it that way, I fail to see much of a difference between
the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and Islamic
fundamentalists, except that they dress different. (The Christians
are way tackier.)

Yeah, those "English /Christians/" almost got away with their plot
to blow up 20 airplanes yesterday. Scary people, indeed.

It sure ain't atheists bombing family planning clinics and beating
gays to death.

Just had some hate crime assaults here in SD after the Pride Parade. The
punk perps were not religious nuts of any sort; they were skinhead/nazi
types (for lack of a better term).

While isolated acts of violence and intolerance are abhorrent and must be
severely punished or better yet /stopped/, I think that Mark's point about
"overall relative threat" still stands. (Are people being prevented from
having carry-on bags on airplanes today due to...Brandi?!? LOL )

She's just not that scary, fellas. Sorry.

Old August 10th 06, 05:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson

Corvus Corvax wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:

You wrote (and snipped for some reason), "I fail to see much of a
difference between the agendas of Christian fundamentalists and
Islamic fundamentalists"

Seems to me the latter's "agendas" and "tactics" are the same: kill
many thousands of innocent people.

Somehow "Brandi" doesn't seem quite as menacing.

Well, ok. If your best argument is "we're not as bad as the Taliban",
I really don't know what to say.

If I wrote, suggested, implied or meant that, then you'd have a point.

Yet another double standard: OK for /you/ (universal you) to reduce things
to the absurd in order to sound...what, pious?

I'll just roll my eyes and call it a day...

Old August 10th 06, 05:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Chris Glidden

G.T. wrote:

It sure ain't atheists bombing family planning clinics and beating gays
to death.

Greg
--

Can I hear an amen and a hallelujah. Right on Brother Greg!!!

CG

Old August 10th 06, 05:21 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Bill Sornson wrote:
G.T. wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:

Corvus Corvax wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

[...]

Yes, so Christian fundamentalists should be locked up just like Islamic
fundamentalists.

I think that Mark's point about
"overall relative threat" still stands. (Are people being prevented from
having carry-on bags on airplanes today due to...Brandi?!? LOL )

She's just not that scary, fellas. Sorry.

Oh, yes, she is. She's all about oppression and forcing her agenda one
people, and that is hugely scary.

Greg

Old August 10th 06, 05:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
small change

"Shawn Curry" scurryfifenynteam@comcastdotnet wrote in message
. ..

Mark Hickey wrote:

[...]

Good point, let me rephrase that, what good parent is not supervising what
their kids are checking out. We all know the crackhead parents aren't
paying attention, period.

ps

Old August 10th 06, 05:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson

G.T. wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
G.T. wrote:

Bill Sornson wrote:

Corvus Corvax wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

[...]

So someone should lock up some Christians somewhere because some skinheads
assaulted some gays? Sorry, I just don't get the connection. How about
locking up violent criminals, period?

I think that Mark's point about
"overall relative threat" still stands. (Are people being prevented
from having carry-on bags on airplanes today due to...Brandi?!? LOL
) She's just not that scary, fellas. Sorry.

Oh, yes, she is. She's all about oppression and forcing her agenda
one people, and that is hugely scary.

Is there freeedom of speech here or not? There are all kinds of nutjobs
espousing all kinds of wacky crap. "Brandi" ain't affecting my travel plans
this weekend.

Double standards...