How/when did you get into Unicycling

Old September 11th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ackgot

Default How/when did you get into Unicycling

About a month ago I said to myself, "I've always wanted to try riding a
unicycle.." then I bought a CX and enjoyed it throughly. I've been
riding since and I am working on going backwards. Since I don't have a
beefy uni yet can can't expand on my 2 foot drops and hopping skills.

When I went online to find another kind of unicycle I came across
trials uni's and this forum and of course UDC. I never thought
unicycling could offer so much, with different specialities and people
that made clubs.

Now after all of that I became more interested in trials and Muni
riding.
I am now waiting for the new KH 20' model to be released then
eventually I want to buy a 26'' Muni.

I also thought that if Unicycling was more publicized I might have got
"into" it a lot longer ago.

-cheers

--
ackgot

boing!
ackgot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12956

Old September 11th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ilosttheotherwheel

well i was the same way and hey i think it would be nice to change ur
icon.

--
ilosttheotherwheel
ilosttheotherwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12841

Old September 11th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maxisback

y ? ur not comfortable with your sexuality ?

--
maxisback

Hey ur mom is my signature
maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

Old September 12th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
foforackard

I got into uniing four months ago because my dad taught me how on an old
Schwinn 24" with an extremely wobbly right crank. Now I have a Nimbus X
that I've just about beat the crap out of so I,too, am waiting for the
new KH trials.

--
foforackard

*talk to God today*]

Unicycle for life!!!!!
foforackard's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13413

Old September 12th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
burjzyntski

I stumbled upon the Universe2 trailer online and thought it was
incredible. I skateboarded on and off for years, but I was never the
best at it. I've always kind of liked doing things differently, so this
'extreme unicycling' really appealed to me. I bought my first unicycle
(a 24" torker cx) on ebay a week later.

--
burjzyntski

It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

\"every silver lining has a touch of gray.\"

"In summary: You want to make sure your Koxx is hard enough before you
start drilling."
burjzyntski's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10188

Old September 12th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

same here^^

--
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

tobogonist wrote:

-maybe, fueled by his amazing skills and shockingly short learning
time, he has attemted a backflip, pulled it of, gone for a double and
died?-
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12978

Old September 12th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Racenut

I learned to ride as a kid. The YMCA in our city put on a youth circus
every year. We decided that unicycles sounded cool, and it was a
popular thing to do. THere were a bunch of us.

Fast forward 20+ years....

I decided it would be fun to teach my son to ride. He rides everything
else, why not a unicycle. We got a couple Torker LX's for Christmas
2005. He learned to ride and my daughter decided she wanted to.. so I
got her one too. Now she's riding and two of the nieghborhood kids are
learning. Pretty soon I'll have my own hockey team haha

--
Racenut
Racenut's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11339

Old September 12th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ackgot

Racenut wrote:

I decided it would be fun to teach my son to ride. He rides everything
else, why not a unicycle. We got a couple Torker LX's for Christmas
2005. He learned to ride and my daughter decided she wanted to.. so I
got her one too. Now she's riding and two of the nieghborhood kids are
learning. Pretty soon I'll have my own hockey team haha

Hah, nice.!

My parents (mid 40's) only care about safty now a days and tell me "Oh
thats dangerous" but its not like they force me to stop.
But here you are teaching yours, thats awesome I'd do the same
unicycling is fun, an plus your kids are going to be really good at it
if they keep it up.

--
ackgot

*I got a fever. And the only prescription is more
_unicycling_-!-*
ackgot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12956

Old September 12th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ice_cold_uni6

my parents had no idea what to get me for christmas 2005, so they got me
my first, a CX. almost 10 mos later, i have 5 unis and a homemade BC,
all in all, in the hole about 600$

--
ice_cold_uni6

*-_chug_counterfeit_tobasco_sauce_while_holding_b ananas_for_christ_-*
PM if you want in.

iridemymuni wrote:
we get snow in australia, we've got like 8 different places to ski, 5 of
them are absoloutly sh**

'**my sick gallery**'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=219882)
'COOL STUFF' (http://www.kontraband.com)