Col du Bonette....

Old September 8th 07, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brownz \(Mobile\)

Default Col du Bonette....

:*k me..... drove up it on Thursday - and that was knackering enough, but
people cycle up it for fun !

I'm sorry, but my idea of fun is a free bar, 10 cans of squirty cream and a
minibus full of 20yr old swedish hostesses with the rampant horn.

Still - was fun though - and the views were just stunning.

Nice marmots BTW ;-)

--
Cheerz - Brownz
Beta TR34 (Ring ding ding ding pop pop)

Old September 9th 07, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Garry from Cork

I cycled it in 1993. Downhill all the way to Nice!

Old September 11th 07, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ups.com,
Garry from Cork tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
I cycled it in 1993. Downhill all the way to Nice!

In 1985 I finally baulked at the idea of further heavily-laden Alpine
touring on attempting to leave Saint-Etienne-de-Tinée, and rode from there
to the summit of the Bonette with naught but a bar-bag. Three hours to get
there, 45 minutes to get back again.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk