Walker injured by cyclist. Cyclist didn't stop.

Old July 25th 10, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_3_]

Default Walker injured by cyclist. Cyclist didn't stop.

Just to address the imbalance caused by Doug.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-10751558
A man has been left bruised and scared to walk alone after being hit and
knocked down by a cyclist in Nottingham.

John Yates walks along the canal every day as part of his recovery after two
strokes.

But on Thursday, his 72nd birthday, he was knocked over near the Wilford
Street lock by a hit-and-run cyclist.

Mr Yates, who bruised his hand and arm, said he was shocked at the lack of
consideration.

He said: "I was very, very shaken and I started to get to my feet very
slowly and I looked.

"And he had a glance over his shoulder but he never slowed down - never mind
stop - and just carried on."

His wife Hilary added: "Any decent person would stop and ask if you're okay,
if you've been hurt, if they can help you, anybody would do that, surely?"

Old July 25th 10, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On 25 July, 09:16, "Mr. Benn" wrote:
[...]

He should carry a stick and swing it.
Old July 25th 10, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Squashme wrote:
On 25 July, 09:16, "Mr. Benn" wrote:
[...]

So no comment about the cyclist then?

--
Tony Dragon
Old July 26th 10, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_4_]

"Tony Dragon" wrote in message
Squashme wrote:
On 25 July, 09:16, "Mr. Benn" wrote:
[...]

It was obviously the fault of the pedestrian.

Old July 26th 10, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Squashme wrote:
On 25 July, 09:16, "Mr. Benn" wrote:
[...]

(slaps head) You must be right, silly me.

--
Tony Dragon
Old July 26th 10, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On 25 July, 15:43, Tony Dragon wrote:
Squashme wrote:
On 25 July, 09:16, "Mr. Benn" wrote:
[...]

Cyclist -see under- Stick

Old July 26th 10, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Squashme wrote:
On 25 July, 09:16, "Mr. Benn" wrote:
[...]

Whoosh.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

Old July 26th 10, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 09:16:48 +0100, "Mr. Benn"
wrote:

[...]

It really is time that cyclists were registered and forced to carry
very visible ID of some sort - as per below
--
Many cyclists are proving the need for registration by their contempt for the Highway Code and laws.

The answer:
All cyclists over 16 to take compulsory test, have compulsory insurance, and be registered.
Registration number to be clearly visible on the back of mandatory hi-viz vest.
Habitual law breakers' cycles confiscated and crushed.
(With thanks to KeithT for the idea)