Every home (or shed) should have one!

Old August 30th 06, 05:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

Default Every home (or shed) should have one!

Obligatory happy, cheery, diversional therapy thread. I spied this
glorious piece of tat via the local "Warehouse" shoppe.

It's wonderfuly crappy, comes in four fetching colour schemes, is a
guaranteed head turner, witty conversation item, and an prime example
of form over actual function.

Introducing the 18" Bicycle Wheel Quartz Wall Clock.
http://flickr.com/photos/51035538080@N01/228868090/
http://flickr.com/photos/51035538080...n/photostream/

Specs:

- Radial spoking!
- Tells the time 24/7!
- 18" alloy rim!
- Has matching two-tone tread with bonus inner tube. Value!
- "Quartz" hub!
- Clock hands are a little shifter & screwdriver - with bonus
glow-in-the-dark stuff. More value!
- Did we mention spokey-dokes! Well it's got spoke-dokes for the
numerals 12, 3, 6 and 9!
- Attractive metal plate thingie masquerading as a disc rotor. I
think.
- It cost me 30 quid because I get easier distracted by shiny bike
stuff!

w00t!

--
cfsmtb

Old August 30th 06, 05:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

cfsmtb wrote:
Obligatory happy, cheery, diversional therapy thread. I spied this
glorious piece of tat via the local "Warehouse" shoppe.

It's wonderfuly crappy, comes in four fetching colour schemes, is a
guaranteed head turner, witty conversation item, and an prime example
of form over actual function.

Introducing the 18" Bicycle Wheel Quartz Wall Clock.
http://flickr.com/photos/51035538080@N01/228868090/
http://flickr.com/photos/51035538080...n/photostream/

Hmmm, I could make of of those. ...... but would I want to? :-)

Theo

Old August 30th 06, 05:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

cfsmtb wrote:
Obligatory happy, cheery, diversional therapy thread. I spied this
glorious piece of tat via the local "Warehouse" shoppe.

Sweet! Would it go faster with trick bits? I could use a fast one in my
office!

Donga

Old August 30th 06, 06:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych

Theo Bekkers Wrote:
cfsmtb wrote:
Obligatory happy, cheery, diversional therapy thread. I spied this
glorious piece of tat via the local "Warehouse" shoppe.

It's wonderfuly crappy, comes in four fetching colour schemes, is a
guaranteed head turner, witty conversation item, and an prime

example
of form over actual function.

Introducing the 18" Bicycle Wheel Quartz Wall Clock.
http://flickr.com/photos/51035538080@N01/228868090/
http://flickr.com/photos/51035538080...n/photostream/

Hmmm, I could make of of those. ...... but would I want to? :-)

Theo

easier to read than a sundial

--
warrwych

Old August 30th 06, 06:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

warrwych Wrote:
easier to read than a sundial

The (mostly) black hands are seriously form over function. May get
painted. Or maybe I'll lost interest ... oooo, look something else
bright and shiny ...!

--
cfsmtb

Old August 30th 06, 06:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

warrwych wrote:
Theo Bekkers Wrote:

Hmmm, I could make of of those. ...... but would I want to? :-)

easier to read than a sundial

I have one of those. You can even tell when it's midnight if you hold the
torch at the right angle.
I also have a plethora of clocks I've collected and made out of bits of wood
and turnings. I even have an old electric mains clock in the shed. It tells
me how long the power was off when we have a power failure. :-)

Theo

Old August 30th 06, 06:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych

cfsmtb Wrote:
The (mostly) black hands are seriously form over function. May get
painted. Or maybe I'll lost interest ... oooo, look something else
bright and shiny ...!

no matter what, it will certainly, will be a conversation piece,
attracting guest's attention when they come to visit, and when they
leave

Personally, I am jealous, although I think I would prefer a fine racing
wheel version

--
warrwych

Old August 30th 06, 06:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

warrwych Wrote:
no matter what, it will certainly, will be a conversation piece,
attracting guest's attention when they come to visit, and when they
leave

Personally, I am jealous, although I think I would prefer a fine racing
wheel version

Only $30 and happiness can be all yours ...

http://www.thewarehouse.com.au/stores.htm

--
cfsmtb

Old August 30th 06, 06:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
warrwych

cfsmtb Wrote:
Only $30 and happiness can be all yours ...

http://www.thewarehouse.com.au/stores.htm

HA! Excellent!! thanks cfsmtb am a happy little cyclette now

--
warrwych

Old August 30th 06, 07:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PiledHigher

Donga wrote:
cfsmtb wrote:
Obligatory happy, cheery, diversional therapy thread. I spied this
glorious piece of tat via the local "Warehouse" shoppe.

Sweet! Would it go faster with trick bits? I could use a fast one in my
office!

Donga

My DIY effort
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46435249@N00/228953469/

Back home Jo UK 5 May 26th 05 11:20 PM
Fixed gear on home trainer? Maciek Ostaszewski Techniques 9 December 13th 04 02:35 AM
Best Home Base Work Reynard UK 0 November 10th 04 12:33 AM
An open letter to Lance Armstrong DiabloScott Racing 19 August 2nd 04 01:16 AM
Home Improvements - For Bikes!? hippy General 22 August 25th 03 03:02 AM