Before & after bike ghettos

Old October 19th 10, 03:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Peter Cole[_2_]

Default Before & after bike ghettos

On 10/19/2010 12:19 AM, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
On 10/18/2010 10:00 PM, Phil W Lee wrote:
[...]
At the levels of congestion we have around here, you wouldn't make
much progress if you didn't. People use bikes around here because
they are faster than cars, as well as cheaper, more healthy, less
damaging to the environment, etc.[...]

Ugh! When I drive to work during normal commuting hours, I can average
over 40-mph without violating any traffic laws. All within city limits,
too.

We live in different worlds.
Old October 19th 10, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 10/19/2010 9:18 AM, Peter Cole wrote:
On 10/19/2010 12:19 AM, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
On 10/18/2010 10:00 PM, Phil W Lee wrote:
[...]
At the levels of congestion we have around here, you wouldn't make
much progress if you didn't. People use bikes around here because
they are faster than cars, as well as cheaper, more healthy, less
damaging to the environment, etc.[...]

Ugh! When I drive to work during normal commuting hours, I can average
over 40-mph without violating any traffic laws. All within city limits,
too.

We live in different worlds.

For which I am *VERY* thankful.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old October 19th 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Peter Cole[_2_]

On 10/19/2010 2:03 PM, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
On 10/19/2010 9:18 AM, Peter Cole wrote:
On 10/19/2010 12:19 AM, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
On 10/18/2010 10:00 PM, Phil W Lee wrote:
[...]
At the levels of congestion we have around here, you wouldn't make
much progress if you didn't. People use bikes around here because
they are faster than cars, as well as cheaper, more healthy, less
damaging to the environment, etc.[...]

Ugh! When I drive to work during normal commuting hours, I can average
over 40-mph without violating any traffic laws. All within city limits,
too.

We live in different worlds.

For which I am *VERY* thankful.

We got that the first time.
Old October 20th 10, 07:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Chalo

Peter Cole wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:

Phil W Lee wrote:
[...]
At the levels of congestion we have around here, you wouldn't make
much progress if you didn't. People use bikes around here because
they are faster than cars, as well as cheaper, more healthy, less
damaging to the environment, etc.[...]

Ugh! When I drive to work during normal commuting hours, I can average
over 40-mph without violating any traffic laws. All within city limits,
too.

We live in different worlds.

Some of our worlds include everything we need within a mile or two,
from sustenance to entertainment. Others feature cows.

Chalo

Old October 20th 10, 02:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Peter Cole[_2_]

On 10/20/2010 4:34 AM, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
On 10/20/2010 1:30 AM, Chalo Colina wrote:
Peter Cole wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:

Phil W Lee wrote:
[...]
At the levels of congestion we have around here, you wouldn't make
much progress if you didn't. People use bikes around here because
they are faster than cars, as well as cheaper, more healthy, less
damaging to the environment, etc.[...]

Ugh! When I drive to work during normal commuting hours, I can average
over 40-mph without violating any traffic laws. All within city limits,
too.

We live in different worlds.

Some of our worlds include everything we need within a mile or two,
from sustenance to entertainment. Others feature cows.

I like cows.

And hogs even more, apparently:
http://www.ncifap.org/bin/y/n/factsh...ertyValues.pdf
Old October 21st 10, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 10/20/2010 8:11 AM, Peter Cole wrote:
On 10/20/2010 4:34 AM, Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
On 10/20/2010 1:30 AM, Chalo Colina wrote:
Peter Cole wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:

Phil W Lee wrote:
[...]
At the levels of congestion we have around here, you wouldn't make
much progress if you didn't. People use bikes around here because
they are faster than cars, as well as cheaper, more healthy, less
damaging to the environment, etc.[...]

Ugh! When I drive to work during normal commuting hours, I can average
over 40-mph without violating any traffic laws. All within city
limits,
too.

We live in different worlds.

Some of our worlds include everything we need within a mile or two,
from sustenance to entertainment. Others feature cows.

I like cows.

And hogs even more, apparently:
http://www.ncifap.org/bin/y/n/factsh...ertyValues.pdf

Hey, our downtown smells like oats cooking - makes me hungry for hot cereal.

Old October 21st 10, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Dan O

On Oct 20, 1:34 am, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
On 10/20/2010 1:30 AM, Chalo Colina wrote:

Peter Cole wrote:

Tom Sherman wrote:

Phil W Lee wrote:
[...]
At the levels of congestion we have around here, you wouldn't make
much progress if you didn't. People use bikes around here because
they are faster than cars, as well as cheaper, more healthy, less
damaging to the environment, etc.[...]

Ugh! When I drive to work during normal commuting hours, I can average
over 40-mph without violating any traffic laws. All within city limits,
too.

We live in different worlds.

Some of our worlds include everything we need within a mile or two,
from sustenance to entertainment. Others feature cows.

I like cows.

I like them, too. I just don't ride like one.