The Shed Thread

Old May 18th 12, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default The Shed Thread

On May 17, 10:26*pm, thirty-six wrote:

Make it an accurate representation, limp.

If I did that the cats may get out into next door's garden like they
did today.

Yes, they will escape your prison fence, but at least make it easy for
them to get back in after they've been out for a wander.

I spent ages looking for one around dinner time after it escaped -
luckily I found it safe and well.

They don't need nursing.

We had a cat that got run over eight years ago though and we are
paranoid that it could happen again so they are not allowed out of the
back garden.

--
Simon Mason
Old May 18th 12, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Thu, 17 May 2012 20:37:04
uk.rec.cycling JNugent

On 17/05/2012 20:26, Wm... wrote:

Dave - Cyclists VOR

I do hope the weather is fine over the weekend, so Cwispin can build
his shed.
I can't wait to point out the classic inexperienced beginners mistake he
has made - when it's too late.

Historically people that cared encouraged cyclists.
Why do you have a problem with UK people getting Olympic medals?

Well done.

Thank you.

You are now the official front-runner for having posted Non-Sequitur of
the Year 2012.

I doubt it.

It was such an amazing effort that it is hard to see how anyone could
catch you up between now and Christmas.

I'm confident someone else has already outdone me in this very group.
Are you perhaps guilty of only noticing some non sequiturs?

Aside: the capitals and hyphen are redundant.

On a more positive note: at least you are aware of what your fellows
often do, why don't you point it out to them when they do it?

--
Wm...
Old May 18th 12, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Fri, 18 May 2012 08:38:12
uk.rec.cycling Dave - Cyclists VOR

But now you know what a tat you are.

OK, what is a tat?

I was hoping
JNugent
would express his concern about this before I pointed it out.

--
Wm...
Old May 18th 12, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On May 18, 10:36*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On May 17, 10:26*pm, thirty-six wrote:

Make it an accurate representation, limp.

If I did that the cats may get out into next door's garden like they
did today.

Yes, they will escape your prison fence, but at least make it easy for
them to get back in after they've been out for a wander.

I spent ages looking for one around dinner time after it escaped -
luckily I found it safe and well.

They don't need nursing.

We had a cat that got run over eight years ago though and we are
paranoid that it could happen again so they are not allowed out of the
back garden.

--
Simon Mason

Thay'll be safe in saturn-yellow reflective jackets and trousers and a
foam cap. Add some steel protective footwear for the full effect. I
bet ya they don't even make it to the fence.
Old May 18th 12, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On May 18, 12:08*pm, "Wm..."
wrote:
Fri, 18 May 2012 08:38:12
uk.rec.cycling Dave - Cyclists VOR

But now you know what a tat you are.

OK, what is a tat?

what you get when you cross a rat with a cat.
Old May 18th 12, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 18 May 2012 02:36:48 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

We had a cat that got run over eight years ago though and we are
paranoid that it could happen again so they are not allowed out of the
back garden.

ffs

So you have a fence, over which your cat cannot jump.

Yes of course you have.

PS - you have of course previously told us that the cat is *feral* - you do
have a short memory.

--
Simon Mason used to post from BP Chemicals where he works.
He repeatedly said that he was wasting BP's time; and not his own

Old May 18th 12, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Sun, 13 May 2012 10:07:26 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

On May 13, 1:51*pm, Bertie Wooster wrote:

The shed bearers are now joined and in position ready for next
weekend's build - if the weather is fair.http://www.britishschoolofcycling.co...os/shed/05.jpg

One of the bearers is warped, but I am assured that the weight of the
shed will straighten it.

I now need to cut some damp proof course to length to lay under the
bearers.

The flooring has had two coats of weatherproofing, and I will now give
it a third coat. Once nailed in place the underside of the floor will
be inaccessible for further treatment.

Could you not paint one of the fence posts white as a homage to the
work of the Bodge Merchant?
It would raise a titter every time you went into the garden.

I have just finished putting woodstain on the double doors - ready to
go in tomorrow. I think it's a really professional look:
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.co...os/shed/06.jpg
Old May 18th 12, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Fri, 18 May 2012 04:54:29 -0700 (PDT), thirty-six
wrote:

On May 18, 12:08*pm, "Wm..."
wrote:
Fri, 18 May 2012 08:38:12
uk.rec.cycling Dave - Cyclists VOR

But now you know what a tat you are.

OK, what is a tat?

what you get when you cross a rat with a cat.

I thought it was a tic on a cat.
Old May 18th 12, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 18/05/2012 12:59, Judith wrote:
On Fri, 18 May 2012 02:36:48 -0700 (PDT), Simon
wrote:

snip

We had a cat that got run over eight years ago though and we are
paranoid that it could happen again so they are not allowed out of the
back garden.

ffs

So you have a fence, over which your cat cannot jump.

Perhaps they are plastic cats from Lidl - like the sheep?

Yes of course you have.

PS - you have of course previously told us that the cat is *feral* - you do
have a short memory.

--
Simon Mason used to post from BP Chemicals where he works.
He repeatedly said that he was wasting BP's time; and not his own
time - like other posters were.
After the BP AGM in April 2012 Mason suddenly stopped posting from
a BP IP address. People have asked why - but he won't say :-)

University
Old May 18th 12, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 17/05/2012 21:23, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Thu, 17 May 2012 20:42:15 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 17/05/2012 20:24, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Thu, 17 May 2012 18:42:05 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 14/05/2012 16:56, Judith wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2012 13:51:12 +0100, Bertie
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 22:20:40 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

As some of you may recall, I have discovered an 8 metre by 4 metre
patio under a heap of soil and compost at the end of my garden. The
patio is now clear.

I intend to use the patio to build a log cabin and garden store.
http://www.elbecgardenbuildings.co.u...eygrove%20.jpg

Mad Dave doesn't believe I can do it - but given the quality of his
decking I have no confidence in his judgement.

The log cabin is now ordered, and I expect delivery in a couple of
weeks. But today I took the first step in the cabin's construction. I
picked up 15 breize blocks to lay the cabin's bearers on, and
positioned them roughly.

Here are a couple of before and after shots.
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/00
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.com/photos/shed/01

I'll keep updating as the cabin's construction progresses.

The shed bearers are now joined and in position ready for next
weekend's build - if the weather is fair.
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.co...os/shed/05.jpg

One of the bearers is warped, but I am assured that the weight of the
shed will straighten it.

I now need to cut some damp proof course to length to lay under the
bearers.

The flooring has had two coats of weatherproofing, and I will now give
it a third coat. Once nailed in place the underside of the floor will
be inaccessible for further treatment.

Dave : say nothing until he has passed the point of no return :-)

I do hope the weather is fine over the weekend, so Cwispin can build his
shed.

I can't wait to point out the classic inexperienced beginners mistake he
has made - when it's too late.

Let me guess...

I forgot to paint one joist white:
http://www.medwayhandyman.co.uk/scotts%20deck3.jpg

Are you really a teacher? Only you seem a bit thick. I'll try& explain
in simple terms.

It's not paint, it's excess tanalising treatment. You won't know what
that is obviously. It disappears after the first shower of rain.

The next doors neighbours commissioned me to build them a deck a year later.

Sorry if that makes you look like a ****, but you do ask for it.

Even a single fence panel should be left white:
http://www.medwayhandyman.co.uk/Photo[02].jpg

You better tell whoever put the fence up then ****wit - it wasn't me.

Bah! I should have known... It hadn't fallen down.

Grasping at straws or what? Just how desperate are you?

Cwispin. Please stop making yourself look like a sad bitter ****. We
know you are a sad bitter ****, but you shouldn't advertise it.

I can understand why you continue to make these cheap jibes, it's the
frustration at being unable to ever win an argument & continually being
made to look foolish.

It can't be easy being a failed middle aged primary school teacher, but
given your overall intelligence I think you have done quite well really.
Especially given your lack of social skills.

Now, perhaps you should tell the class; how, if I'm so incompetent, have
I run a successful business during the worst recession in living memory
& not only survived, but prospered? How come I get most of my business
from recommendations? How come each & every deck you have criticized
(with your in depth timber knowledge) has lead to another decking job?

Speak up boy we are waiting.

--
Dave - Cyclists VOR.
After his son’s murderer had been convicted, Barry Mizen said he had

Tom Crispin feels he has been misquoted. As Fahri’s only male primary
teacher, he says the comment must have come from him, although he has no
recollection of making it. But he does remember talking about the boy he
taught at a south London primary school more than a decade ago.

Shed Brian G UK 31 August 1st 07 05:39 PM
Shed got broken into! Eddbmxdude Unicycling 15 October 14th 06 07:24 PM
shed humping(bad shed) the unicycle man(one of many) Recumbent Biking 0 September 2nd 06 06:34 AM
Every home (or shed) should have one! cfsmtb Australia 30 September 1st 06 01:40 AM
My Shed Just zis Guy, you know? UK 17 July 3rd 04 12:54 PM