Wheel sizes

Old March 25th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Wheel sizes

Hey, i'm currently making the decision on whether to buy a 26" or 24"
Nimbus MUni. I have a crotch to floor height of 73cm, and overall
height of 163ish cm. Can anyone suggest which would be better for mild
off road and would suit my height? Thanks, Owen

--
iridemymuni

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory, in
practice, there is.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old March 26th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

24" is pretty much the going standard (and has been for a long time) for
off road unicycles.

26" would go a little faster, but the 24" wheel has more precision when
you are playing around.

trials is also quite acceptable on a 24" where it kinda sucks on a 26".

--
Brian MacKenzie

'Training Wheel Not Required DVD - New 6min short as seen on
www.unicycle.tv' (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv)
All proceeds from TWNR go directly into my next movie due for release
Sept 1 2006
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Old March 26th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

B-mack is right get a 24" its much more versatile and is easier to hop
over obstacles with.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

*JONNY IS MY HERO!*

Old March 26th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

these are the two i'm looking at -

http://tinyurl.com/hjbxl

http://tinyurl.com/7pwne

i am looking anywhere around that price range. I want a fairly
versatile MUni which might get a bit of use on the road.

Old March 26th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

iridemymuni wrote:
these are the two i'm looking at -

http://tinyurl.com/hjbxl

http://tinyurl.com/7pwne

i am looking anywhere around that price range. I want a fairly
versatile MUni which might get a bit of use on the road.

Municycle.com.au has the spline Qu-Ax for $475, (I see
unicycle.com.au's price is $515) you should really, really, really,
really spend an extra hundred australia bucks...buckaroos? and go with
the splined setup. not even for strength but for the hassle free
riding with barely any thought of maintenance, crank/hub wise. (I
would recommend talking to Mal about buying in Austraila, he can help
you out with great customer service, with whatever unicycle you choose
to get)

http://municycle.com.au/

Old March 26th 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

If you are going to be doing maily flat trails i would say get the 26.
If you are gonna do a lot of technical trails and hilly stuff get the
24.

--
The Bruiser

lvl 3 unicyclist, move out the way haha
The Bruiser's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11352

Old March 26th 06, 07:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Your height/inside leg won't prevent you from riding either size.

There's been plenty of 24/26 debate in this forum - you could try the
ssearch function.

However, the gist of it is: 26 is more biased towards a cross country
style of riding; 24 is more biased towards a technical style of riding.

--
Mikefule

Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.

Against information technology, the gods themselves stuggle in vain.

Now: stupidity against IT? There's a contest worth watching.