Toronto police grabbed "critical mass" cyclist in mid-ride

Old July 2nd 10, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Doug[_10_]

Default Toronto police grabbed "critical mass" cyclist in mid-ride

"Witnesses say Geoffrey Bercarich was knocked off his bike, dragged
away and beaten...

"...Several officers (the witnesses were not sure how many, but
thought it was 4-6) then repeatedly punched the cyclist in the legs.
When the cyclist was stood up, he was punched in the genitals by one
of the officers. He was then quickly removed to inside the parking
garage where he was kept out of sight until shortly before his
removal.

What I personally witnessed is as follows. I saw the cyclist later on,
when he was brought near the front of the garage to await removal in a
police vehicle. He had blood below his nostrils, on each side of his
nose. He had blood under his chin and it looked like he had a cut or
gash there. I asked him if he was okay, and he replied "no". I asked
him if he needed medical help, and he said "yes"..."

Mo
http://www.publicvalues.ca/ViewArticle.cfm?Ref=00738

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"We aren't blocking traffic, we are traffic".
Old July 2nd 10, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
martin

On 02/07/2010 10:18, Doug wrote:
"Witnesses say Geoffrey Bercarich was knocked off his bike, dragged
away and beaten...

"...Several officers (the witnesses were not sure how many, but
thought it was 4-6) then repeatedly punched the cyclist in the legs.
When the cyclist was stood up, he was punched in the genitals by one
of the officers. He was then quickly removed to inside the parking
garage where he was kept out of sight until shortly before his
removal.

What I personally witnessed is as follows. I saw the cyclist later on,
when he was brought near the front of the garage to await removal in a
police vehicle. He had blood below his nostrils, on each side of his
nose. He had blood under his chin and it looked like he had a cut or
gash there. I asked him if he was okay, and he replied "no". I asked
him if he needed medical help, and he said "yes"..."

Resisting arrest and making a nuisance
Old July 2nd 10, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
"Witnesses say Geoffrey Bercarich was knocked off his bike, dragged
away and beaten...

"...Several officers (the witnesses were not sure how many, but
thought it was 4-6) then repeatedly punched the cyclist in the legs.
When the cyclist was stood up, he was punched in the genitals by one
of the officers. He was then quickly removed to inside the parking
garage where he was kept out of sight until shortly before his
removal.

What I personally witnessed is as follows. I saw the cyclist later on,
when he was brought near the front of the garage to await removal in a
police vehicle. He had blood below his nostrils, on each side of his
nose. He had blood under his chin and it looked like he had a cut or
gash there. I asked him if he was okay, and he replied "no". I asked
him if he needed medical help, and he said "yes"..."

I hope he won't do it again.

Old July 2nd 10, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

On 02/07/2010 10:18, Doug wrote:
"Witnesses say ....

"I do not know why the cyclist was arrested by the police and none of
the witnesses knew either."

)From your link)

Maybe he was known to the police and wanted for something else.

PS, This is UK.rec.cycling, not Toronto.rec .... your post is off-topic.

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp
Old July 2nd 10, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Doug wrote:
"Witnesses say Geoffrey Bercarich was knocked off his bike, dragged
away and beaten...

The Mounties always get their man! Great news, thanks for sharing.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

Old July 2nd 10, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Steve Walker[_2_]

Doug wrote:
"Witnesses say Geoffrey Bercarich was knocked off his bike, dragged
away and beaten...

"...Several officers (the witnesses were not sure how many, but
thought it was 4-6) then repeatedly punched the cyclist in the legs.
When the cyclist was stood up, he was punched in the genitals by one
of the officers.

Excellent. Have you noticed how your popularity here has improved, Doug?
Keep posting these funny stories, we love them!

Old July 2nd 10, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
webreader

On Jul 2, 8:12*pm, "Steve Walker" wrote:
Doug wrote:
"Witnesses say Geoffrey Bercarich was knocked off his bike, dragged
away and beaten...

"...Several officers (the witnesses were not sure how many, but
thought it was 4-6) then repeatedly punched the cyclist in the legs.
When the cyclist was stood up, he was punched in the genitals by one
of the officers.

Excellent. *Have you noticed how your popularity here has improved, Doug?
Keep posting these funny stories, we love them!

Perhaps we could recomend Doug for a Booker Prize for Fiction.
Old July 2nd 10, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
webreader

On Jul 2, 11:33*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
Paul - xxx considered Fri, 02 Jul 2010
11:07:26 +0100 the perfect time to write:

On 02/07/2010 10:18, Doug wrote:
"Witnesses say ....

"I do not know why the cyclist was arrested by the police and none of
the witnesses knew either."

)From your link)

Maybe he was known to the police and wanted for something else.

If you follow the links from there, you will find out the background.

He was assaulted, beaten almost senseless, arrested, taken out of
sight of witnesses to be tortured and beaten some more, dragged off to
an overcrowded cell and imprisoned there without suitable sanitary
facilities or sufficient food and water, and then chucked out with no
reason, charge, or apology.

All the people involved in this criminal conspiracy should be in jail,
and the fact that they wore police uniforms to do it makes the
thuggish behaviour even worse.

They have no place in civilised society, and if the legal system in
their country does not bring them to justice the country should be
embargoed, just as was done to South Africa when they used similar
tactics against anyone they didn't agree with.
Certainly they have no place in the Commonwealth.

Well if Mr Lee says so it must be correct, he has such a good track
record of being corect, he never gets it all wrong.
Old July 3rd 10, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

Phil W Lee wrote:

Paul - xxx :
Doug wrote:

[...]

Have you ever tried the following?

http://tinyurl.com/32xxvl3

Quite cheap to construct, too.
Old July 3rd 10, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Phil W Lee wrote:

He was assaulted, beaten almost senseless, arrested, taken out of
sight of witnesses to be tortured and beaten some more, dragged off to
an overcrowded cell and imprisoned there without suitable sanitary
facilities or sufficient food and water, and then chucked out with no
reason, charge, or apology.

Where did this happen?

a) Zimbabwe
b) Toronto