"Look Ma!, No Brakes"

Old March 16th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics
Bill Baka

Default "Look Ma!, No Brakes"

Steven wrote:
On Mar 15, 11:37 pm, Bill Baka wrote:
Chalo wrote:
Tom Keats wrote:
I have an unsubstantiated hunch that fixed-gear bikes are good
for bringing the fast-twitch muscle fibres more into play.
I think hackey sack does that, too. In fact, a round of
freestyle or 4-square hackey sack provides a pretty good
pre-ride warm up. And it's fun.
Oh gawd. I guess a big ol' sack of dreadlocks makes a effective bike
helmet too. And smoking weed until you forget to keep puffing helps
not only your long depletion ride, but also your carbo-loading
afterwards.
Chalo

Chalo,
That sounds like something I would say. Scuse me, I gotta take a puff.
Now that I'm like, uh, 58, I think I will have to buy another
motorcycle. What mid-life crisis? I don't know where 'mid' begins.
Good **** I got this time.
Now I will have to try riding stoned tomorrow.
Should be interesting.
I tried riding my motorcycle totally toasted in 1977 and went 30 miles
the wrong way before I realized it.
The El Camino Real looks the same from S.F. to San Jose at night.
Bill Baka

Take Ambien and do it in your sleep!

I can't. I tried Ambien and it makes me hallucinate. Weird stuff.
Bill Baka
I saw that on the news too.
Old March 17th 07, 08:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics
Steven[_3_]

Chalo wrote:
Tom Keats wrote:
[...]

I saw that on the news too.- Hide quoted text -

There are some really strange espionage or terrorist implications to
the drugs' side effects. Zombie couriers that can't be questioned
normally or unconscious bombers...maybe not but I'll bet it's been
looked at.

Old March 17th 07, 09:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,pdx.general,or.politics,alt.politics
Tom Keats

In article .com,
"Steven" writes:

There are some really strange espionage or terrorist implications to
the drugs' side effects. Zombie couriers that can't be questioned
normally or unconscious bombers...maybe not but I'll bet it's been
looked at.

[music up -- X Files theme]

Maybe they should rename Ambien to Nambulen.
Then you can go to the drug store and say:
"Give me some Nambulens."

Anyways, sage is a pretty good soporific (Bill Baka,
take note -- I know you've complained in the past about
bouts of insomnia.)
It goes nicely in your homemade chicken/turkey soup, too.

It's most effective for sleep inducement when smoked.
No morning grogginess, no lucid dreams. Just sweet sleep,
and waking up refreshed and ready to tackle the day ahead.

Of course I'm talking about garden sage, not the coarse,
wild, shin-kicker scrub.

cheers, & trust no 1,
Tom

--