FS: Gitane Tandem (24"/22") on the bay up Jun-07-05

Old May 31st 05, 08:23 PM

Default FS: Gitane Tandem (24"/22") on the bay up Jun-07-05

Hi,

I just posted a Gitane Tandem (24" front/22" rear) on ebay. It is
auction number 7160359667 and ends Jun-07-05 09:30:00 PDT. It is in
the Philadelphia, PA area and might be just the bike for you.
Description below

- Michael

----------------------

This is a Gitane tandem bike. This bicycle has a great deep flecked
grape purple finish with some (but not many) scratches and has all of
the original company decals. It is a French made touring tandem with
cantalever front and rear brakes with a secondary, drum break built
into the rear hub. It has a larger frame (24"/22") with a
distitinctive curved rear seat tube that gives the stoker (rear rider)
more space while keeping the overall length managable (90").

This tandem is ready to ride now and would clean up (dust from storage)
with little effort. Take it out to train, on a long tour, or turn it
into a really cool fixed gear two-seater for urban riding. I have two
classic, upright-style handlebars you could use for $10 each in
addition to the auction price if you want to convert from the current
bars. The Gitane company is still making bikes and has a website at
www.gitane.com.

Tires- "Specialized Touring" 100x32C, 95 PSI
Breaks - Mafac France, Simplex, Atom Drum Brake
Gears - Suntour (6 cogs on freewheel and 3 chainrings up front)
Wheels - Mavic "module 4", ALGI
Pedals and Toe Clips- Stronglight, Paturaud special Christophe
Captain (front) position - 24" (pedal to top of the frame's seat tube)
Stoker (rear) position - 22" (pedal to top of the frame's seat tube)
Jacques Anquetil and Greg Lemond raced on Gitanes. It is a classic
brand in bicycling history. I think the Gitane company was realted to
Renault company.

I will deliver it free within 10 miles of Philadelphia, PA. I could
also take it to a bike shop to have them ship it with buyer paying
shipping costs. I take care to list as much as I know about each item.
All sales are final. Please review the description and photos closely
and email questions prior to bidding.