BR19 Report

Old November 2nd 04, 12:32 PM
Geoff

Default BR19 Report

"DaveB" wrote in message
Geoff wrote:
The late start time didn't fit in with the rest of the day so that's why
you didn't see me there on Sunday. Instead the plan was to have a sleep
in and do the 7:30 Sunday Bundoora Bunch closer to home.

What are they like to ride with Geoff? As we get into the tri season I
need some flat rides with a fairly constant speed and was thinking of
joining that ride to Whittlesea and back.

DaveB

I haven't ridden with this bunch since early 2004 road season but they are a
good bunch to ride with. Most of the riders race (D grade thru A grade,
Juniors, Seniors and Masters) so they are used to riding in tight well
controlled bunches. There are also a few recreational riders in there too
but, if they are newbies, they are usually told pretty quickly what not to
do. Crit season numbers are not as high as they are over the winter due to
the fact there is racing on Sunday but during the road season this ride is
probably the number one post raceday recovery ride in the outer northern
suburbs. It's not unusual to have riders in VIS, VIC or Australian
Team/Champions Jerseys (Yes, the rightful wearers of these jerseys that have
actually earned them) etc on this ride.

As for speed the on the way out to Whittlesea it's usually 28-33km/h.
Although this may seem high to you it's pretty easy to achieve/maintain in a
organised bunch. If you turn around at Whittlesea (usually there is a group
that peels off here) it's more of the same on the way back but if you
continue to the top of the hill, where everyone regroups at the top, the
trip back is a little faster at around 35-40km/h but again travelling as a
bunch this I find this pace to be not too taxing. If you end up on the
front of the bunch and it's too much for you to maintain the speed you can
always roll off and let someone else take a turn. And finally listen to any
advice given from the other riders around you as it will probably be given
for a reason.

Geoff

Old November 2nd 04, 04:31 PM
dave

Duncan wrote:
"NickZX6R" wrote in message

I knew I should've come along. Didn't get home until late the night
before and decided I would sleep in. Regretted it almost straight away.

Ahhh well...there's always next week.

What was the total kms for you Gags?

Anyone break 87.6km/h?

You guys really should incorporate Foote st into the BR. The bit where it
runs west from Williamsons Rd in Templestowe is great for top speed runs.
My all time record is 97 after tailing a 4x4 but even when I'm tired I can
pull off a solo 84+. I had a go on saturday and even after a long hilly
ride I did an 87.
I've been tempted to do a BR but 7:20 AM sunday morning is time to go to
bed, not to be getting up.

PS. My speedo is correctly calibrated and has been independantly checked
:-)

Yeah I hit 70 there and I am a total gutless wonder downhill.

I reckon 100 easy.. maybe more.
But hang on, isnt the speed limit 70 ?

Dave