"He's a good rider," Bush said of Lance Armstrong

Old August 21st 05, 04:08 PM
fuller

Default "He's a good rider," Bush said of Lance Armstrong

White House spokesman Trent Duffy said the group consisted of Bush,
Armstrong and about eight other cyclists, including Secret Service
personnel and White House staffers. The president led "Peloton One" on
a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
waterfall on the ranch.

"He's a good rider," Bush said of his guest as a White House
photographer took their picture, Duffy said. At the end of the ride,
Bush presented Armstrong and the other riders with T-shirts
commemorating their "Tour de Crawford."

READ: LANCE IS GOOD, NOT NOBODY IS AS GOOD AS OUR INFALLIBLE AND
PERFECT EMPEROR

Old August 21st 05, 04:21 PM
Al C-F

fuller wrote:

The president led "Peloton One" on
a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
waterfall on the ranch.

17 miles in two hours? Was it all uphill?
Old August 21st 05, 04:56 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Al C-F wrote:
fuller wrote:

The president led "Peloton One" on
a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
waterfall on the ranch.

17 miles in two hours? Was it all uphill?

Al, you Stud, you -

That's fairly typical for a mountain bike ride.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old August 21st 05, 06:29 PM

I keep looking at those news reports from Crawford ... sure looks flat.

Old August 21st 05, 07:36 PM
Bill Sornson

fuller wrote:
White House spokesman Trent Duffy said the group consisted of Bush,
Armstrong and about eight other cyclists, including Secret Service
personnel and White House staffers. The president led "Peloton One" on
a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
waterfall on the ranch.

"He's a good rider," Bush said of his guest as a White House
photographer took their picture, Duffy said. At the end of the ride,
Bush presented Armstrong and the other riders with T-shirts
commemorating their "Tour de Crawford."

READ: LANCE IS GOOD, NOT NOBODY IS AS GOOD AS OUR INFALLIBLE AND
PERFECT EMPEROR

Oh, bullspit. He MIGHT have just meant that Lance rode a MOUNTAIN bike
pretty well for a roadie. Or he COULD have had his tongue planted firmly in
cheek. (Afterall, who would expect a 7-time winner of the TdF to be a good
rider?)

It's the weekend. Take a day off from your biased whining...

Old August 21st 05, 07:36 PM
Bill Sornson

Al C-F wrote:
fuller wrote:

The president led "Peloton One" on
a two-hour, 17-mile ride with a 10-minute break at the site of a
waterfall on the ranch.

17 miles in two hours? Was it all uphill?

You've never mountain biked, have you?

Old August 21st 05, 07:38 PM
Bill Sornson

wrote:
I keep looking at those news reports from Crawford ... sure looks
flat.

17 miles is a pretty decent-length mountain bike ride. Unless it was ALL
fireroad (and it's not), two hours is about right.

Old August 21st 05, 08:47 PM
Tim Lines

Bill Sornson wrote:
fuller wrote:

[...]

YEAH! How dare those humorless poopyheads make a joke about our
Fearless Leader! It really makes me mad that those liberals can't take
a joke and don't understand humor! I'm so angry, I think I'll go punch
my Al Franken doll. I only wish it was the real thing!
Old August 21st 05, 09:18 PM
di

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
fuller wrote:
[...]

I can remember when John Kerry rode his Soretta around a parking lot, it was
a big deal, all these folks thought he was the greatest biker in the world.

Old August 21st 05, 09:52 PM
D. Ferguson

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:47:17 -0700, Tim Lines
wrote:

YEAH! How dare those humorless poopyheads make a joke about our
Fearless Leader! It really makes me mad that those liberals can't take
a joke and don't understand humor! I'm so angry, I think I'll go punch
my Al Franken doll. I only wish it was the real thing!

I'm confused. Are we talking about Armstrong, our leader. Or Bushy,
our leader?