what was sheldon doing in France?

Old July 26th 05, 04:44 AM
Jim Flom

Default what was sheldon doing in France?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...521/el_diablo1

and it wasn't even April 1st...

JF

Old July 26th 05, 01:56 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Jim Flom wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...521/el_diablo1

and it wasn't even April 1st...

JF

Did read some very uncomplimentary things about LA from Le Equipe this
morning, ater Lance's departure. I was already sure I was never going
back to france, not doubly sure. Sounds like sout frog legs to
me...when waas the last true cycling star from France...2 DECADES!!

Old July 26th 05, 03:26 PM
Jasper Janssen

On 26 Jul 2005 05:56:39 -0700, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
wrote:

Did read some very uncomplimentary things about LA from Le Equipe this
morning, ater Lance's departure. I was already sure I was never going
back to france, not doubly sure. Sounds like sout frog legs to
me...when waas the last true cycling star from France...2 DECADES!!

If I stayed away from the US every time Fox or the Morning Star or any
other piece of the USAn media said something bad, I wouldn't be getting
back till the heat death of the universe.

Jasper
Old July 26th 05, 04:29 PM
Werehatrack

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 03:44:59 GMT, "Jim Flom "
wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...521/el_diablo1

and it wasn't even April 1st...

And wearing the emblem of a company that makes clutches for cars and
trucks, to boot.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old July 26th 05, 04:38 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article %kiFe.160079$tt5.136776@edtnps90,
says...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...521/el_diablo1

and it wasn't even April 1st...

I think it is interesting that even the Devil has sponsorship.
--------------
Alex

Old July 26th 05, 05:39 PM
Derk

Jim Flom wrote:

That is Didi Senft. he was arrested/fined in Switzerland for painting the
streets.

He makes a living out of this, but started as a Chiapucci "il diablo" fan I
believe.

Greets, Derk
Old July 26th 05, 09:36 PM

Jim Flom wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...521/el_diablo1

and it wasn't even April 1st...

JF

Did read some very uncomplimentary things about LA from Le Equipe this
morning, ater Lance's departure. I was already sure I was never going
back to france, not doubly sure. Sounds like sout frog legs to
me...when waas the last true cycling star from France...2 DECADES!!

Ahh, Peter. Why trust the press, even the French Press, to give us the
real deal? Fignon was the last great French hope, did not quite make
it to Hinault like proportions, however. I think the French press was
hoping that Voeckler would improve this year and give them someone to
write about and a hope for the future. But he was not able to give
them something to cheer about, and last year's effort seems to have
been accidental rather than a spark of brilliance.

The French folks, on the other hand, remain warm and considerate and
will treat you kindly, on average, even if you are from the US. They
will not hold the deeds of Lance, George, or any other individual
against you. I rode through Aquitaine and the Midi and Haute Pyrenees
in May, nothing but good things to say for the French people. They are
even considerate on the road!

- rick

Old July 27th 05, 02:19 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

wrote:

Did read some very uncomplimentary things about LA from Le Equipe this
morning, ater Lance's departure. I was already sure I was never going
back to france, not doubly sure. Sounds like sout frog legs to
me...when waas the last true cycling star from France...2 DECADES!!

If I stayed away from the US every time Fox or the Morning Star or any
other piece of the USAn media said something bad, I wouldn't be getting
back till the heat death of the universe.

Jasper

MUCH more involved in my case as I have written about my 'adventures'
in france at the hands of the 'locals' Not being going back there
anytime soon.