Youtube video. Cyclist on freeway outfoxing police car (which crashes)

Old October 11th 06, 04:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Friday

Default Youtube video. Cyclist on freeway outfoxing police car (which crashes)

I enjoyed this one, not that I'm against the police or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKeVsab9rKc

Friday
Old October 11th 06, 05:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gumby

Friday wrote:
I enjoyed this one, not that I'm against the police or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKeVsab9rKc

Friday

That is insane!
See how close the front bumper got to the bike! I reckon the truck
driver to the right was trying to block the bike in, having ~checked
his mirrors~ and seen the cop cars chasing this mad ba$tard.
Totally mad.

Where's Theo? he'll wave his stick about, say something about breaking
rules and young whippersnappers and he'll be right.
Steven

Old October 11th 06, 05:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ghostgum

Friday Wrote:
I enjoyed this one, not that I'm against the police or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKeVsab9rKc

FridaySo does anyone reckon the bicycle has been added to the video

afterwards? Why did the bicycle slow down when it went between the two
white trucks?
It looks the bicycle speed change was to make it align with the
existing footage of the police cars. How fast to you estimate the
"cyclist" was moving at the start of the clip?

--
ghostgum

Old October 11th 06, 05:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Sir Lex

Friday wrote:
I enjoyed this one, not that I'm against the police or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKeVsab9rKc

Friday

It's fake, but very well done! I've seen that video before without the
bike. The car collected by the trucks is what the baddies were in. I'm
trying to find the real video to back up my claim :-)

--

SL.

Take back the web. www.Getfirefox.com

http://www.firefoxflicks.com/flick/?id=20272

Take back your Inbox. www.Getthunderbird.com
Old October 11th 06, 05:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Friday

ghostgum wrote:
Friday Wrote:

I enjoyed this one, not that I'm against the police or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKeVsab9rKc

FridaySo does anyone reckon the bicycle has been added to the video

afterwards? Why did the bicycle slow down when it went between the two
white trucks?
It looks the bicycle speed change was to make it align with the
existing footage of the police cars. How fast to you estimate the
"cyclist" was moving at the start of the clip?

Looks legitimate to me. Why would the police drive like that if there
was no cyclist? I'd say he was drafting behind the trucks prior to the
cops trying to pull him over.

Friday
Old October 11th 06, 06:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ghostgum

Sir Lex Wrote:
Friday wrote:
I enjoyed this one, not that I'm against the police or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKeVsab9rKc

It's fake, but very well done! I've seen that video before without
the
bike. The car collected by the trucks is what the baddies were in.
I'm
trying to find the real video to back up my claim :-)

That would explain why the front black car has a white roof only, while
the following police car has white roof AND white doors.

--
ghostgum

Old October 11th 06, 06:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Friday

Sir Lex wrote:
Friday wrote:

I enjoyed this one, not that I'm against the police or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKeVsab9rKc

Friday

It's fake, but very well done! I've seen that video before without the
bike. The car collected by the trucks is what the baddies were in. I'm
trying to find the real video to back up my claim :-)

You're right, I'm wrong (Again!)

http://www.cyclelicio.us/2006/08/outlaw-in-lycra.html

I still reckon it's pretty cool though.

Friday
Old October 11th 06, 06:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

gumby wrote:
Friday wrote:
I enjoyed this one, not that I'm against the police or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKeVsab9rKc

That is insane!
See how close the front bumper got to the bike! I reckon the truck
driver to the right was trying to block the bike in, having ~checked
his mirrors~ and seen the cop cars chasing this mad ba$tard.
Totally mad.

Where's Theo? he'll wave his stick about, say something about breaking
rules and young whippersnappers and he'll be right.

Hehehe. That was funny. I wonder whether the Police or the trucker's
insurance company will pay for the damage to both.

Theo

Old October 11th 06, 06:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Friday wrote:
ghostgum wrote:
Friday Wrote:
I enjoyed this one, not that I'm against the police or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKeVsab9rKc

FridaySo does anyone reckon the bicycle has been added to the video

afterwards? Why did the bicycle slow down when it went between the two
white trucks?
It looks the bicycle speed change was to make it align with the
existing footage of the police cars. How fast to you estimate the
"cyclist" was moving at the start of the clip?

Looks legitimate to me. Why would the police drive like that if there
was no cyclist? I'd say he was drafting behind the trucks prior to the
cops trying to pull him over.

Friday

If that's not a fake I'm a monkey's backside. Brought a smile to my
face nonetheless.

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old October 11th 06, 07:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gumby

Bean Long wrote:
Friday wrote:
ghostgum wrote:
Friday Wrote:
[...]

Well I got sucked in. Something about the lack of fidelity in Gootube
that made the video look legitimate.
Aaah well...