Need Wide Pedals for big feet help

Old February 6th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Need Wide Pedals for big feet help

I have a size 11 4E foot looking for a set of widest platform pedals to run
powergrip toe straps over on my cannondale speed bike. Any and all
suggestions appreciated.

Old February 6th 06, 11:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Conincidentally, I am a size 11/4E too, and I have some bad news for
you: No true platform pedal is going to serve you. However, of the
countless pairs of pedals I've owned, only one fit me flawlessly:

The MKS Touring model
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/pedals.html

BTW, I only run conventional toe clips on these, so your mileage may
vary with those PowerGrips.

Old February 6th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I'm currently running the MKS GR-9's - they provide a great deal of foot
pain on long rides with my canvas converse high tops , I'll look into the
touring ones. The power grips are at the largest setting for my feet but
they work extremely well. Question, what type of shoes are you running. I
know they used to sell hard bottom shoes for touring but I doubt if in our
size

oups.com...

Old February 6th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

My shoes are just New Balance sneakers. There's nothing particularly
special about them, hard or soft. Also, there are exactly zero pairs
of shoes for people like us, unless you want to spend $300+.

I highly recommend moving on up to the MKS Touring pedals and, perhaps,
traditional toe clips. This suits me better than anything else I've
tried.

Old February 6th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

have you experience plywood?
at 14W, i bought nashbar bear traps and bolted ply both sides with 8's
held by the
traps teeth.
Comfort: the extra width allows the hips to motion in a more "natural"
orbit with off course a slight decrease in forward speed upwind. this
is a big deal- narrowness may be steel costs savings and not anyhing
but
the mod takes no more than two hours to hack out.cut four squares.clamp

together and sabresaw as one. drill ditto. paint with yellow rusto.
and when crossing the 4 wide express blvd in a wide upstream arc
keep that inside foot up!!

Old February 7th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote in message
m...
I have a size 11 4E foot looking for a set of widest platform pedals to run
powergrip toe straps over on my cannondale speed bike. Any and all
suggestions appreciated.

Have you considered Kneesavers? http://www.bikescor.com/product/knee.htm
Baaically these allow you to move your pedals farther out from the crank
arms, giving you more clearance for bigger feet.

Old February 7th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

That's a great suggestion, my feet do rub the cranks when peddaling! The
other suggestion of some sort of wood is worth looking into also. I tried
the french christophe toe clips in X large and the straps are just too
short, also the toe ends are not wide enough for me.
Thank You!

"Earl Bollinger" wrote in message
m...