RR: Southeast Collegiate Cycling Conference Championships

Old October 26th 04, 03:44 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Default RR: Southeast Collegiate Cycling Conference Championships

The SECCC Championships was at Tom Brown Park in Tallahassee, FL. It was
fun.

I found out that I still suck at uphills, ending up 5th out of 11 in the
cross country, and 7th out of 13 in the time trial, 6th out of 14 in the
short track/dirt crit, and 3rd out of 10 in the dual slalom.

Observations: I'm still slow, as expected, but improving slowly. Pesky
classes keep getting in the way of things that are important, like riding.

I'm a whole lot better at rooty uphills than I was before.

I'm a whole lot better at rooty downhills. Like powering down the hills not
hitting the brakes until into the next turn. I wish I could go faster, but
the downhills simply were not long enough. The urban and trials riding has
definitely made me a lot better at choosing the smoothest line.

Now I want to go to the northwest and try some of the comparatively "easy"
stuff up there

Any advice?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old October 26th 04, 10:41 PM
arlo

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" wrote
in :

Now I want to go to the northwest and try some of the comparatively
"easy" stuff up there

I recommend Silver Mountain in Kellogg Idaho. Both Penny and I posted a RR
of it awhile back. They have really improved the trail system this season.
I expect it will only get better. Might as well hit Schweitzer if you get
up this far
Old October 27th 04, 07:50 PM
JD

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" wrote in message ...
The SECCC Championships was at Tom Brown Park in Tallahassee, FL. It was
fun.

snip
Now I want to go to the northwest and try some of the comparatively "easy"
stuff up there

Any advice?

Yeah, try natural terrain first.

JD
Old October 27th 04, 09:10 PM
jack

Any advice?

Train with some Roadies. It's boring as hell but will bring your fitness
level up.