Eastern Washington Rides

Old May 9th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Eastern Washington Rides

I'm looking to do a road trip for work in the third week of July in
Eastern Washington. For sure, I'm stopping in Toppenish, Walla Walla,
and Spokane, so I'll also be coming through points in between.

I'll just have finished STP, so I won't be looking for hugely long
rides, but I'll want to stay in good riding shape, so I'm looking for
30 - 60 mile loops, maybe in the evening when it cools down some.

Sites I've already bookmarked:
http://www.wwvalleycycling.com/index.htm (excellent maps)

http://www.spokanebicycleclub.org/ (with chicken-scratchy route maps,
but maybe I can translate them over into something clearer for a gal
from out of town)

Other thoughts for me?

Many thanks!

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
no .sig today

Old May 14th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

"Claire" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'll just have finished STP, so I won't be looking for hugely long
rides, but I'll want to stay in good riding shape, so I'm looking for
30 - 60 mile loops, maybe in the evening when it cools down some.

I'll be on STP this year. First time for me.

Will your jersey have the words "warm regards" on it? :-)

-- Paul

Old May 15th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Claire wrote:
I'm looking to do a road trip for work in the third week of July in
Eastern Washington. For sure, I'm stopping in Toppenish, Walla Walla,
and Spokane, so I'll also be coming through points in between.

I haven't done any longer rides in that area, but on a weekend in
Spokane I really enjoyed riding around the world's fair park, downtown,
and around the area where I was staying and doing things. That was '83
and I imagine the urban development has made great strides forward.
Nice-sized, bikeable small city.

Nice area. You making me want to take a trip!

--Karen D.

Old May 15th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

"Paul A. Steckler" wrote in message
"Claire" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'll just have finished STP, so I won't be looking for hugely long
rides, but I'll want to stay in good riding shape, so I'm looking for
30 - 60 mile loops, maybe in the evening when it cools down some.

I'll be on STP this year. First time for me.

I think this is #8 for me. As you probably know, for about half the riders,
it's their first time. Are you doing a one-day or a two?

Will your jersey have the words "warm regards" on it? :-)

:-) I'll probably wear my TourBC jersey for one of the days, just so my
husband and I can wear matching jerseys on the tandem. I don't know what
other jersey I'll wear.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old May 16th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
nk.net...
I think this is #8 for me. As you probably know, for about half the
riders, it's their first time. Are you doing a one-day or a two?

Gosh, 200 miles in a day is more than I think I can do. The longest one-day
I ever did was Boston to Portland, Maine, about 117 miles. I did a 108-mile
ride last weekend, and I was eager to get off the bike by the end.

So -- two days for me.

-- Paul