camapag flat bar shifters

Old May 11th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default camapag flat bar shifters

I'm thinking of finally losing the drop handlebars on my tourer and
moving to a flat bar : I will this lose my chorus ergopwer shifters
which drive a "racing t" 9 speed set up with triple front ring.

I think the only option I have if I want to keep the campag derailleurs
is to use campag flat bar shifters : can anyone comment on quality and
reliablity of these preferably with a comparison to the traditional ergo
levers.

Old May 11th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

--

Be sure to get some bar-ends for more hand positions.

I have the Shimano flat bar shifters- Ultegra - on an FSA 53-39-30 and
also an XTR 13-34 cassete. The levers are rapid fire

I realize this is not Campy, but so far so good and that includes a
coast to coast ride.

Enjoy
Old May 12th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

"Hadron Quark" wrote in message

I'm thinking of finally losing the drop handlebars on my tourer and
moving to a flat bar : I will this lose my chorus ergopwer shifters
which drive a "racing t" 9 speed set up with triple front ring.

Why would you want to not have drop handlebars anymore? That makes no sense
to me.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old May 12th 06, 11:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

"Claire Petersky" writes:

"Hadron Quark" wrote in message

I'm thinking of finally losing the drop handlebars on my tourer and
moving to a flat bar : I will this lose my chorus ergopwer shifters
which drive a "racing t" 9 speed set up with triple front ring.

Why would you want to not have drop handlebars anymore? That makes no sense
to me.

I dont recall asking about why I should move to flat bars

But for what its worth - I simply dont ever use the drops, tend to coast
with my hands on the hood of the ergo levers and have developed hand
problems from that. In addition I find the drop parts a pain when
locking close to a fence - you cant thread the drop bars through gaps.
Old May 15th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Hadron Quark wrote:
"Claire Petersky" writes:

"Hadron Quark" wrote in message

I'm thinking of finally losing the drop handlebars on my tourer and
moving to a flat bar : I will this lose my chorus ergopwer shifters
which drive a "racing t" 9 speed set up with triple front ring.

Why would you want to not have drop handlebars anymore? That makes no sense
to me.

I dont recall asking about why I should move to flat bars

But for what its worth - I simply dont ever use the drops, tend to coast
with my hands on the hood of the ergo levers and have developed hand
problems from that. In addition I find the drop parts a pain when
locking close to a fence - you cant thread the drop bars through gaps.

You could get some moustache bars, keep using your drop bar levers on
them and get more hand positions than a basic flat bar. Don't know how
they would be for shifting being horizontal and all.

- Cliff

bar-end shifters Jim General 706 January 24th 06 01:25 AM
bar-end shifters Jim Techniques 707 January 24th 06 01:25 AM
rapidfire shifters seized/stuck? Darryn Australia 3 November 12th 05 04:16 PM
Anyone still using down tube shifters? Bill Henry Techniques 104 September 23rd 05 01:17 AM
Bar end shifters for touring bike ? jacques General 61 December 7th 03 01:01 AM