KH Saddle Bolts

Old November 5th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

Default KH Saddle Bolts

Just wondering before I Take it apart:

On a ride this Friday I broke one of the bolts that hold my KH Fusion
Freeride saddle to the rail adaptor. I was wondering if I could take the
cover and foam off the plastic base and put a new bolt in or if the bolt
is actually imbedded in the plastic?

Thanks,
Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!

'The Unicycling Commune' (http://tinyurl.com/3xkd8d)
Old November 5th 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

There is a little bit of tape, bolt will come right out tho. Not
embedded.

--
agentQ

'*)--SmallSpin-'O,*'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiFMXG116BE)
'*)---TreFlip-'O,'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpT0YFDgmz4)
'*)--DoubbleFlip-'O,*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/683454)
---
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
Old November 5th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hectorqlucero

Unicorn;1125214 wrote:
Just wondering before I Take it apart:

On a ride this Friday I broke one of the bolts that hold my KH Fusion
Freeride saddle to the rail adaptor. I was wondering if I could take the
cover and foam off the plastic base and put a new bolt in or if the bolt
is actually imbedded in the plastic?

Thanks,
Unicorn

Yes you can do that. I had the same problem with a kh seat and
replaced the bolt with no problems. The seat works perfectly....

--
hectorqlucero
Old November 6th 08, 07:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

After your responses I took apart the seat. I should be able to get a
replacement bolt but I found a more serious problem. It seams like the
metal plate is also broken. It cracked right where I broke the bolt. I
don't know how long it has been broken or if it is needed for strength
or just as a support for the bolts. I am going to try and get it welded
though. Also I never realized how heavy the rail adaptor is!

Unicorn

Old November 6th 08, 08:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mr joel.

could i take apart my nimbus gel seet cuase the same thing has happened
to mine

--
mr joel.

If your parents don't have kids, there's a good chance you won't either.

Old November 6th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

mr joel.;1125891 wrote:
could i take apart my nimbus gel seet cuase the same thing has happened
to mine

yes, they have an extremley similar construction.

The bolts have a square shoulder on them to stop them spinning in the
plate, finding replacements might be tricky.

--
kington99

Dave

Old November 7th 08, 12:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

Unicorn;1125844 wrote:
After your responses I took apart the seat. I should be able to get a
replacement bolt but I found a more serious problem. It seams like the
metal plate is also broken. It cracked right where I broke the bolt. I
don't know how long it has been broken or if it is needed for strength
or just as a support for the bolts. I am going to try and get it welded
though. Also I never realized how heavy the rail adaptor is!

Unicorn

I'm pretty sure the metal plate is used to strengthen the seat.

--
Michaelgoround
Old November 8th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

1) the metal plate is there cuz without it the plastic is not nearly
strong enough for you to use the seat handle.
weld something thin over it (along the sides... the welds will add a
huge amount of strength), welding the break will only let it break
again.
2) get stainless bolts that are slightly larger and you won't have to
worry about this again.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
'World Record' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig5IEq-v4Y)
"dude when i first got into this sport and saw one of you videos i
almost threw up it was so sick"
Old November 8th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

Scrobo thanks for your suggestion that is what I am planning on doing.
This is something that Kris can do to easily strengthen his Unis.

Unicorn

Old November 9th 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

true, but then CF seats would be only for weight weenies ...
and saddles would weigh a significant amount more.

Bolts Graham FM Mountain Biking 12 April 30th 07 10:08 PM
Bolts Graham FM UK 0 April 28th 07 05:06 PM
Loose bolts Tim Morin Unicycling 5 May 28th 06 10:41 AM
Pinch bolts Dukester Techniques 10 May 31st 05 03:23 PM
Ti bolts JJ Recumbent Biking 2 December 22nd 04 04:29 PM