Saturday night and theres a knock on the door.

Old October 25th 04, 11:28 AM

Default Saturday night and theres a knock on the door.

I'm just about ready to call it a night when theres
a knock on my door. Opening the door I find the mechanic from one of the
LBS holding a bike minus the front wheel. John says his boss said
you can have this bike with one condiction don't ever bring it in to be
fixed. I said tell Mickey thanks and take the bike in to the
bike room and look it over. Well its a GT LTS in pretty sorry
shape,dirty and mech. In the morning I started cleaning it up.
Its a mess of dirt and grease thu the drivetrain. Clean and
checked out, the rear derailleur pulley wheels are pin teeth so I
replaced them. I get a wheel out of the closet and inshall it now I
go about replacing the cassette's smallest cog,its pin teeth too. Now
the rear wheel won't lock due to the QR frozen in the axel. Pull out
another wheel till a get the new QR and axel. I clean and repack
ever bearing,adjust and lube everything. Now lets see how this Rock Shox
Indy fared. Good all it neededs is grease and lube in and out.
Everything works fine and it took time most off my Sunday. Now its test
time in the real thing dirt.

I MTB 2004

Old October 26th 04, 03:13 AM
MD

Nothing like getting something for free. I wouldn't mind that at all , I
actually like wrenching.