flat/puncture resistent tire ??

Old October 27th 04, 10:31 PM
Steve

Default flat/puncture resistent tire ??

Greetings......My first post here, I'm seeking your learned advice/
experience. I apologize if this is one of those topics that gets beat to
death.

Here goes, I live in Texas where we have the GIANT thorns called "goat
heads" I've tried slime/slime tubes and tuffy liners. Please recommend your
favorite puncture/flat resistant tire. Thanks in advance!!!

Steve

Old October 28th 04, 12:54 AM
Chris Brown

Steve Wrote:
Greetings......My first post here, I'm seeking your learned advice/
experience. I apologize if this is one of those topics that gets beat
death.

Here goes, I live in Texas where we have the GIANT thorns called "goat
heads" I've tried slime/slime tubes and tuffy liners. Please recommend
your
favorite puncture/flat resistant tire. Thanks in advance!!!

Steve

OK, there are supposedly puncture-resistant tires ou there, but I'm
very skeptical. Heard Specialized makes one called the Armadillo (I
think). What works for me is pre-slimed tubes. Add liners to
pre-slimed tubes, and you've got a pretty formidable combo.

And don't ride through goatheads. we've gottem, too, but they're not
at higher elevations.

CB/paladin

--
Chris Brown

Old October 28th 04, 01:04 AM
D T W .../\\...

"Steve" (remove_) wrote in message
Greetings......My first post here, I'm seeking your learned advice/
experience. I apologize if this is one of those topics that gets beat to
death.

Here goes, I live in Texas where we have the GIANT thorns called "goat
heads" I've tried slime/slime tubes and tuffy liners. Please recommend

your
favorite puncture/flat resistant tire. Thanks in advance!!!

Steve

http://notubes.com/

It ain't cheap but the video is impressive.

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.

Old October 28th 04, 02:01 AM
D T W .../\\...

.. Please recommend your
favorite puncture/flat resistant tire. Thanks in advance!!!

Steve

http://notubes.com/

It ain't cheap but the video is impressive.

--

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.

btw - not recommended for all tires - read the fine print.